Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
Our team in Thailand is part of the wider Oxfam Asia platform. The Oxfam legacy project team in Thailand work in collaboration with strategic partners to advocate for reducing inequality, promote sustainability of the food system and gender equality. The Food Justice Team now operates influencing projects on sustainable food production and consumption, and sustainable fisheries. Our key approaches are consumer campaigning, private sector engagement and CSO coalition strengthening.
The Campaign Communications Officer will play a vital role in the Food Justice team, particularly to the success of the project “Consumers and Retailers Driving Sustainable Food Market in Thailand in the Seafood, Chicken and for Banana Supply Chains” which is funded by the European Union under the SWITCH Asia II Programme, and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) from January 2018 – December 2021. The project goal is to enable an overall food market transformation in Thailand that requires food safety, environmentally sustainable and socially ethical production as standards.
The project has 4 main components:
Result 1: Women and men urban consumers in the target cities and online platforms increasingly demand target food products that meet sustainable and equitable sourcing standards from retailers.
Result 2: Retailers introduce more sustainable and equitable sourcing standards in the target food supply chains.
Result 3: MSMEs of food producers and suppliers strengthen production capacities and sustainable sourcing for supplying retailers and traditional wet markets.
Result 4: Existing and new multi-stakeholder platforms (MSPs) are strengthened to influence large agribusiness’ practice and government policies for SCP in target food supply chains.
As part of the project team, the Campaign Communications Officer, will be responsible for implementing communication strategy and collaboration with campaign allies on delivery of communication aspects of the campaign including campaign materials, campaign events and workshops. To be responsible for the co-ordination and development of online communications, including campaign Facebook page and website.
National Pay Scale
Fixed Term, until 31 December 2021.
Hours of work:
40 hours per week. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage
- Support inequality in food supply chains campaign as media and communication focal point (50%). Tasks include;
- Lead in the development and implementation of communication and related activities financial plan
- Initiate, coordinate and produce original stories, campaign content and visual materials to be used for media pitches, social media, campaign events, campaign publications and materials
- Raise profile of the campaign by ensuring timely and regular information sharing with media and campaign supporters
- Identify, develop and maintain excellent relationships with journalists and broadcasters from both traditional and interactive media
- Secure national media coverage that support objective of the campaign
- Manage external suppliers for delivery of PR and relevant communication services
- Monitor, evaluate and draw conclusions from relevant media coverage generated both directly and indirectly, making and implementing recommendations for improved impact of campaign
- Start and manage Campaign’s Facebook Page and website (40%)
- Strategize the use of digital strategies, enable campaigns to increase its reach and influence towards achieving real changes
- Support campaign leads in the developing and managing digital strategies to engage the public for our campaigns, including production of written and visual/multimedia content for website, and social media networks
- Develop and design regular content for website and campaign’s social media platform
- Manage budget for online promotional activities
- Manage and coordinate fixed-term staff and/or consultant writers, online content producers, web designers and other short-term staff or consultants as needed.
- Provide other assistance to Thailand food justice programme as requested by Line Manager (10%)
- Be the primary point of contact for media, proactively arranging, facilitating and accompanying journalist visits and managing negative stories about Oxfam
- Providing media training, coaching and support to all staff who may be expected to represent Oxfam in the media
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experiences in campaign communications, public and media relations, communication for marketing or related field - demonstrated by a track record of success and achievement in media or communications work
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, including ability to find, absorb and prioritise information from many different sources, and proven experience of strategy development
- Experience of working with digital/interactive media with technical knowledge of consumer behaviour, social media strategy and media landscape
- Experience of developing written and visual content (storytelling, campaigning)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Thai and English. Fluency in written in Thai is required, with the ability to communicate complicated issues in a clear way, often to short deadlines
- Able to travel and work during weekends
- Understanding of and commitment to Oxfam’s aims, values, and principles
- University degree in journalism and communication, social sciences or related fields
- Video and photography skills
- Knowledge and intellectually curious in subject of food supply chain, social justice, sustainable and ethical consumption and sustainability
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
Contact : email@example.com
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer