Plan International Thailand Job Advertisement:
Finance Management for the Asia Hub
Plan International is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, advancing children’s rights and equality for girls.
Position: Finance Management for the Asia Hub
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
This role is to ensure all aspects of the Asia Hub Finances are recorded and reported correctly. The Asia Hub Budget is €4.4m and €3m of this is sponsorship income and €1.3 grant income. It is a relatively straightforward budget.
General Financial management
Responsible for all aspects of financial accounting for Asia Hub. This includes but isn’t limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of finances including month end closing process (running depreciation, management of all Payroll including recording of international payroll in SAP and updating of national staff’s severance provision).
- Assist Grants Compliance Team on external audit of grant project audits
- Assist in the formulation annual budget and forecast of operating/apportioned costs
- Month end closing process of Balance sheet management, including clearing Pre-paid items, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Staff Advance, and Inter-Company accounts.
- Oversight of intercompany recharges to COs, NOs, other Regions, GH
- Review payments, receipts, and liquidation transactions for Finance Director
- Cash management; manage actions from the review of bank reconciliations and fund request monitoring and manage the effective and efficient use of resources.
- Prepare statutory financial reporting to government offices. This may include engagement with internal and external auditors
- Ensure timely, quality financial reporting is completed, and deadlines are met. This includes monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by the GH.
- Dealing with ARO staff queries on sponsorship spending details
- Ensure tax compliance and submit annual tax returns, this includes annual US tax reporting for ARO US citizen staff
- Ensure efficient asset management through asset control, tracking, maintenance and maintenance of up-to-date records.
- Ensure strong internal control systems within Plan for adherence to local law and PI’s policies
- Update the financial authorisation matrix and obtain the approval of the Regional Director as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Plan International policy and procedures related to Finance.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of, kept up-to-date on and implement policies and procedures across Operations and Finance
- Ensure financial systems are established, maintained and improvement for alignment with the law and PI’s policies
- Ensure coaching and mentoring through bi-monthly 1-1 meetings, ensuring that Plan’s Feminist Leadership behaviours are understood and practiced.
- Ensure that staff have clear development objectives and are able to grow in the job to meet those objectives
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement within the Operations & Finance team.
- Address technical and behavioural problems in a timely manner
Qualifications and experience
- Good mental and physical health
- Relevant SAP experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and to a deadline
- Good command of English (spoken and written)
- Able to work in multi-cultural environment
- Pro-active and highly organized.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 14 June 2020
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Safeguarding Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact : PREEDEE.ITTIPONG@PLAN-INTERNATIONAL.ORG
การเงิน / Financier