Job Title: Lead, Proposal & Report Writer
Level and Grade: L4, G7
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting Manager: Regional President
Region: Asia Pacific (APAC)
Department: APAC Advancement
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting the poorest people from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,200 professionals are at work in over 25 offices across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and North America. Together we are catalyzing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable. Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We are a global community that cares for one another. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence and proven results to all those we serve.
After nearly two decades of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting the world’s poorest people from violence, IJM has become a US$80 million organization. As IJM continues this trajectory of growth and scaling of our impact, we imagine a global movement in citizen security where governments own and deliver unprecedented justice and protection to the poor, marginalized and vulnerable. A critical driver of this vision will be scaling our revenue, expanding our Advancement work across Asia, and moving the world’s leading agents of change, including business, donor governments, faith communities, and international development institutions to invest in, leverage and champion IJM’s proven model of change.
The Proposal and Report Writer Lead plays a critical role in ensuring individual, family and corporate foundations in the Asia Pacific Region significantly invest in IJM and partner with us to achieve our 2030 Vision of rescuing millions, protecting half a billion and making justice for the poor unstoppable. This position is responsible for developing compelling proposals that engage and persuade, follow-up reports that meet partner commitments and increase repeat, long-term investment, as well as identifying key areas of research, data, storytelling or more that IJM should develop to improve the quality and return on our proposals. This position requires excellent working relationships with all Asia Pacific Advancement teams, ongoing learning about IJM’s program work in every region and case type, proactively navigating our global IJM staff network, and acting as a liaison between relationship managers, Brand and Comms teams, Finance, Global People Services, and specific program teams in order to gather and align information for each proposal and follow-up report to donors. This position will also be responsible for building core foundations for our Asia Pacific Advancement efforts, including a system to manage proposal and report needs in the region, proposal writing coordination processes, and more. This position requires fresh creative thinking and proven success in storytelling that gives supporters an understanding of slavery and violence and the tangible opportunities to be involved.
Key Result Areas
- Manage Proposal Writing & Reporting Portfolio: Maintain a portfolio averaging eight submissions per month resulting in >US$5M new annual revenue for the organization.
- Proposal & Report Development: Deliver exceptional and persuasive storytelling through proposal writing, reports and relevant attachments to surprise and delight current and potential private funders that highlight the opportunities to be involved and celebrate what their giving is accomplishing around the world. Ensure proper completion of grant agreements.
- Coordinate Resource Acquisition and Development: Maintain libraries of standard documents and language. Work closely with IJM’s Finance, Research, Program teams to gather and ensure that all budget, financial and organizational information is accurate and understandable.
- Coordinate Proposal & Report Cycle: Manage and respond to IJM’s grants-directed email, receive and respond to new resource requests from internal relationship stakeholders; process grant agreements, in collaboration with internal legal and finance stakeholders. Maintain records of all submissions on Sharepoint. Track and report on proposal outcomes.
- Establish APAC Regional System, Procedures and Training Materials: Contribute to APAC’s development of Advancement infrastructure by building an organizational system and guidance to manage proposal and report requests and needs, ensure a clear writing coordination process and responsibilities, and track proposal outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation:
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of all global program expertise, key performance indicator reporting, storytelling, and other creative production useful for proposal development.
- Effectively communicate IJM’s vision and mission, values, programming and strategic priorities with internal and external audiences through proposals and follow-up reports.
- Directly manage intake of proposals and report needs from the region, serving as point of contact for those requesting resources, develop proposals and follow-up reports, track requests to ensure that all deadlines are met, and track and report on all proposal outcomes.
Networking & Partnership:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and excellent communication with a vast network of internal stakeholders and experts at Global, in other Regions, and within APAC, including Global & Regional Finance, APAC Regional Office and Advancement teams, and Global and Regional Brand & Comms, Global and Regional Technical Grants, Global Partnerships, Global and Regional People Operations, and specific Program Offices across every region as relevant.
Policies and Procedures:
- Create operational systems, procedures and trainings to build a regional process for managing proposal and report needs, ensure a clear proposal writing execution processes, staff role expectations and responsibilities, and track and report on proposal outcomes.
- Maintain proposal content library and related documentation to include past performances, contract profiles, and other content to support future proposal efforts
- Writing and editing high quality tailored content for competitive proposals, based on boilerplate texts (where available) and content obtained through interviewing of technical experts, from IJM creative content storehouses, and other resources.
- Work with relationship managers to develop proposal outlines and templates and to write proposal sections.
- Draft communications that align with IJM voice in brand, style, grammar, punctuation, content, spelling, readability, and clarity.
- Ensure timely follow-up communication on proposal needs, timelines, outcomes, and more.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in English or Communications
- 5+ years as a writer, proposal writer, or in business development
- Experience developing or contributing to donor proposal and reports with a proven track record for high returns
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex information in an accurate, compelling and concise manner
- Portfolio of excellent work that demonstrates expertise, creativity and ability to write for/communicate with varying audiences with proven results
- Portfolio of excellent published work that demonstrates expertise, creativity and ability to write for/communicate with varying audiences
- Strong writing and communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce and Tableau preferred
- General understanding of financial principles and budgeting preferred
- Passion for IJM’s mission, theory of change, and spiritual formation practices
- Curiosity to constantly explore and better understand IJM’s work in order to create the most compelling content possible for donors
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Multi-tasking and problem solving
- Strong time management skills
- Experience respectfully handling confidential information
- Sophisticated relationship development and management with diverse internal stakeholders
- Flexible, calm and productive under pressure; and
- Adept at creative problem solving, particularly anticipating and overcoming potential roadblocks.
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developerระดมทุน / Fundraisingนักกิจกรรม / Activistผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager