Position Title: Events Manager, USAID/RDMA Regional Communications Support Platform
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Reporting to: Communications/Project Manager/IDIQ Manager
FHI 360 is pursuing an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract with USAID/Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) under USAID/RDMA Regional Communications Support Platform Activity. The contract will provide a wide range of public outreach and communications services to the mission and clients in Asia. These services are expected to raise awareness about the development challenges the people of Asia face and encourage support from the government, civil society, and private sector partners to address these challenges alongside USAID.
This position is contingent upon award of the IDIQ, with a five-year ordering period. The position would ideally be based in Bangkok or Asia, though other locations are possible provided the candidate is available during USAID/RDMA Bangkok working hours and can remotely work on undertaking task order activities.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Events Manager will be responsible for planning, marketing and leading the logistical organization of events such as conferences, workshops, exhibitions, and public events. S/he will manage the whole process from planning stage, logistics coordination, registration, attendee tracking, presentation and materials support right through to running the event and carrying out the post-event evaluation. S/he will also need to procure and coordinate vendor services, facility, exhibits and all onsite support. Additionally, given the COVID-19 pandemic, s/he will be expected to
advise innovative ways in organizing events and outreach amid intermittent social distancing
- Responsible for planning and leading the logistical organization of events such as conferences, workshops, exhibition, and public events, both traditional and online event.
- Manages the whole process from planning stage, right through to running the event and carrying out the post-event evaluation.
- Advises innovative ways in organizing events and outreach amid intermittent social distancing measures.
- Reviews company and client policies and be an expert on compliance guidelines surrounding planning to the intended audience.
- Sources venue’s appropriate for meetings and contract according to company guidelines
- Works with suppliers on confirming requirements with housing, audio visual, food & beverage, exhibit booth, etc.
- Maintains working documentation that highlights all logistical specifications and can be provided to confirm expectations with suppliers.
- Works with various teams on the booking and management of air travel, train, or rental cars.
- Sets planning conference calls and maintains ongoing communications to ensure communication between stakeholders, content agency, and meeting planning.
- For conventions, acts as direct point of contact with convention associations.
- Completes all mandatory system submissions in accordance with compliance policy, ensuring all required support paperwork is on file.
- Bachelor's Degree or International Equivalent in Communications, Public Relations or related field with minimum 3 years of experience with event planning and organizing corporate functions, public events, conferences, and meetings for large groups of participants.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Ability to develop creative and strategic solutions, make swift, accurate real time decisions under stress; decide if onsite changes will hamper the successful execution of sessions.
- High level of organization and time management skills, strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills to objectives.
- S/he must have experience in organizing public events, conferences, and meetings for
- large groups of participants.
- Must be able to articulate, and communicate in a clear, professional manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to APROProposal@fhi360.org
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistantนักกิจกรรม / Activist