Title: Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) Program Assistant
Location: Maesot, Tak Province
Duration of work : 3 months (July - September)
Application Deadline 22 June 2020
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) Program Assistant will provide administrative and clerical support to the IRC RCH program being implemented in the temporary shelters in Tak province. The Program Assistant reports to the Senior Clinical Manager (RCH).
- Perform clerical and administrative duties, such as completing birth certifications, medical records, updating information and databases, etc.
- Assist the Senior Clinical Manger (RCH) with monitoring the RCH activity plans, ensuring that camp-based stipend workers receive sufficient technical and administrative support to run the activities according to the work plan.
- Assist the Senior clinical Manager (RCH) in preparing for initial training of new camp-based staff and volunteers.
- Assist the Senior Clinical Manager (RCH) in delivering relevant basic education and RCH educational materials to patients.
- Assist the Senior Clinical Manager (RCH) in communicating with health personnel (e.g. doctor in-charge, nurse, etc.) of Thai hospitals and Emergency Medical Referral staff before referring patients in need of referral to Thai Hospitals within the districts.
- Manage and check pharmacy, medical supplies and monthly vaccine requests for the RCH program.
- Monitor RCH activities such as immunization records and growth monitoring according to the Thai Ministry of Public Health’s EPI guideline on a regular basis and provide feedback to the camp-based stipend workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Clinic Manager (RCH.)
- Submission of monthly delivery certificates to local Ministry of Interior.
- Complete monthly update of procurement plans.
- Purchase requests raised according to the request of Senior Clinical Manager (RCH).
- Day to day monitoring on of RCH activities in the temporary shelters (40% time for Mae La, 30% time for Upiem and 30% time for Nupo).
- Complete monthly stock update including medicines, medical equipment and medical supplies.
- Requests for pharmacy, medical supplies and monthly vaccine completed and submitted according to schedule.
- Immunization records and growth monitoring documented and filed properly.
- RCH education materials and information delivered according to schedule.
- Technical and administrative supported provided to the camp-based stipend workers as planned.
Duration of Work:
The period of the consultation is 3 months (July 2020- September 2020.)
Terms of Payment:
The consultant shall submit an invoice and timesheet at the end of each month.
The payment of the consultant will be paid on the 7th of the following month after the required deliverables are submitted to the IRC Senior Clinical Manager (RCH) with his/her approval.
- High school diploma preferably in health/public health.
- At least 2 years of experiences in providing administrative support.
- Bachelor’s degree in health or public health is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in administration and/or operational support role
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to respond quickly to program needs
- Good communication skills: verbal and written
- Good time management skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience working with a NGO is an advantage
- Good training and facilitation skills
Languages and Computer Skills:
- Computer literate, able to develop presentations and electronic training materials.
- Fluency in English and Karen or Burmese. Knowledge of Thai is an added advantage. If you are interested,please send your resume to Thailand.firstname.lastname@example.org
ผู้ช่วย / Assistant