Title: On-Call pharmacist(Independent Contractor)
Location: Mae Sot
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The Independent Contractor- On-call pharmacist will be primarily responsible for Drug monitoring, review drug template and ensuring the consumable data of all camps are accuracy. The Independent Contractor- On-call pharmacist will also be responsible for analyzing Pharmacy Inventory tools (PIT), for the Health Program and participating as in the Drug Management Committee Meeting (DMC) . Strict confidentiality is required.
- Provide On-call pharmacy services to Health Program with extensive support by coaching the Warehouse officers.
- Analyze and maintain Pharmacy Inventory Tools, PFI – Pharmacy Forecasting Tool for the Health Program team.
- Supporting Clinical manager(s) to review drug order before placing the order each quarter.
- Interact with the Senior Health coordinator, Health coordinator and clinical managers in appropriate way.
- Facilitate the stock-count and able to demonstrate or address challenging or concerns until the end of fiscal year 2020.
- Maintain a safe environment and drug safety based on Pharmaceutical safety standards set by the Global Pharmaceutical advisor.
- Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating and contributing information to the Health Team on a weekly basis.
- Prepare learning materials that is appropriate to the Warehouse officer.
- Maintain confidentiality of refugee information per program guideline
- Address any problems staff to Drug Management Committee (DMC) as required.
- Follow IRC guideline for contractor
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The contractor will provide On-call pharmacist services as agreed by both parties when scheduling an assignment. On-call Pharmacist include monitoring drug consumable, distributing to each camp, and reporting incidents to Health Coordinator and Deputy Field Coordinator.
- The contractor will maintain and monitor COVID-19 PPE consumption data to Health Coordinator, Deputy Field Coordinator, DDO on a weekly basis.
- The contractor performs the assignment in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- The contractor shall inform IRC of any deviation from any term of this Agreement and of any cause which renders Contractor unable to perform accordingly.
- The contractor acknowledges the importance of all established written policies of IRC applicable to vendors and/or other service providers, particularly including without limitation those relating to conduct, IRC’s mandatory reporting policies, and IRC’s security policies and procedures. Contractor agrees to thoroughly read all such Policies as they exist as of the date hereof, as well as to thoroughly read all such Policies on announcement by IRC, and to immediately alert IRC if Contractor does not understand any part of such Policies. Contractor agrees to strictly abide by and follow all such Policies.
Duration of Work:
The contract is expected to start as soon as possible and last until September 30, 2020.
Term of payment:
The Service Fee for all services rendered shall be as follows. Contractor must provide satisfactory proof of address to the IRC prior to the start of an assignment in order to claim a remote worksite pay rate. Any other rate of payment must be approved in writing by both parties prior to the start of the assignment.
Contractor would be required work schedule depending on agreement with Health coordinator.
- Minimum sixteen (16) hours per week upon agreeing with Health Coordinator
- Flexible working schedule: 16 hours per week by physically coming to IRC Main Warehouse or suggested working arrangement and work remotely would be applicable. Virtual communications is required i.e. TEAMS, Line, What’s APP and etc.
- The working fee including transportation within Mae Sot Town. If travel outside Mae Sot, IRC will be responsible on transport related costs.
- Per Diem will not applicable to the Independent contractor.
- Contractor shall submit an invoice and timesheet signed by the IRC supervisor for services fees.
- Contractor shall submit their timesheet and invoice on 20th of each month for all work performed in the corresponding period. Payment will be made by bank direct deposit on the 7th of the following month, provide that IRC reserves the right to investigate any questionable invoice, and IRC shall have the right to withhold payment indefinitely, until such invoice is approved by IRC. It is recommended but not required that babysitter open a bank account at Kasikorn Bank for payment purposes.
- Contractor shall fulfill all required tax registration and shall provide all such registration information and documents to IRC, as IRC may reasonably request. In paying Contractor’s invoice, IRC may withhold for taxes as may be required by law, and shall provide withholding certificates to Contractor, accordingly.
Education: Bachelor degree in pharmaceutical, with valid professional pharmacist licensed would be preferred
- At least 5 years experiences in managing pharma stock or warehouse.
- Familiarity working with emergency respond in non-profit organization or international iNGO
- Familiar communicating with multi-international staff
Experience working as a health facilities would be advantage;
- A good command of native language as well as English if possible.
- Fun, energetic, and flexible, with a positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and manage time well.
- Sound judgment and strict confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate in other relevant languages is an advantage.
Languages and computer skills:
- Thai, English and familiar with Karen language is preferable.
If you are interested , please submit your resume to Thailand.HR@rescue.org
Application deadline: 26 June 2020
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultant