Job title: Business Support Assistant, Finance
Vacancy Announcement: 122901
Contract type: Service Contract (SC-4)
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
- Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and conduct basic analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum secondary school education in related field. A University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is desirable.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in Finance, accounting or other relevant field with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Spreadsheet.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Knowledge or experience in UN agency or comparable humanitarian sector work is desirable.
- Experience in SAP/WINGS and other ERP software is desirable.
- Fluency and accuracy in both oral and written communication in English.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline: Tuesday 30 June 2020 (Midnight Bangkok Time)
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Thailand Only and only short-listed candidates will be contacted
To be consider, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website (http;//www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings) only.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financierผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorผู้ช่วย / Assistant