Job Title : Caseworker
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Background/IRC Summary: The IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for U.S. resettlement, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and Sudan. Over the years, IRC has processed some half million refugees worldwide for U.S. resettlement.
Based in Bangkok with four field offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (IRC-RSC) assists persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement in the United States. RSC prepares refugee applications for the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees and offers cultural orientation training to those refugees bound for the U.S.
Job Overview/Summary: The Caseworker provides both general casework processing services on behalf of refugee applicants to the USRAP. The Caseworker also performs other office functions outside of the general responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor. This position reports to the Senior Casework Manager.
- Responds to case-specific inquiries from other RSC staff
- Produces regular progress reports to supervisors/ management
- Inform immediate supervisor of developments in daily caseloads, including any urgent protection or medical conditions of applicants and their families
- Conduct prescreening interviews of refugee applicants in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the US Resettlement Program and background information relevant to specific caseloads.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of developments in daily caseloads, including any urgent protection or medical conditions of applicants and their families.
- Perform timely advanced casework on special caseloads in a manner that demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of USRAP policies and practices.
- Travel independently to regional locations outside and within Thailand to conduct prescreening interviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Casework Manager
Position directly supervises: NA
Indirect Reporting: Casework Coordinator, Thailand
Senior Program Coordinator, Thailand
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: IRC Thailand Staff
External: UNHCR, IOM, Other
- Minimum college Diploma or equivalent to 1-2 years of relevant professional experience preferred. Fresh graduate with any direct/indirect exposure with any humanitarian related activities is encouraged to apply
- Candidate with a minimum of 1 year of relevant resettlement processing experience is advantageous
- Candidate with previous working experiences/direct or indirect engagement with NGOs and any other humanitarian exposure is highly desired
- Previous exposure in a multi-cultural environment is advantageous
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Good typing skill with an average of 40 – 50 words per minute
- Ability to perform data processing/data collection through good listening skill, analytical skill, attention to details, meticulous, high level of accuracy
- Good report writing skills – ability to produce report with minimal error in comprehension in grammar, precise
- Able to do QC on reports
- Good communication skills with pleasant demeanors to encourage participation from the beneficiary
- Able to multitask, work effectively under pressure and manage repetitive work
- Team oriented yet able to think and work independently
- Flexible and able to work in fast-paced, multi-cultural environment
- High level of professionalism while carrying duty as per the SOPs i.e. integrity and high confidentiality during interaction with refugees
- Willingness and ability to travel to and work in remote locations such as refugee camps.
Computer and Language Skills:
- Computer Literacy – high level of competence in MS Office i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Ability to work with Interpreters – Immediate translation skills
Certificates or Licenses:
- Not applicable, unless required by law and/or organization to carry out official duties
- Able to travel whenever required
Working Environment: The employee is required to adhere to the “IRC Way” for professional conducts, as well as to be in compliance with all relevant Policies and Procedures while carrying his/her duties.
All other employee terms and conditions shall be as per stipulated in the Employment Contract and/or Employee Handbook.
All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested, please apply via link below.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 2 JULY 2020
Human Resources Department
เจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer