We are searching for teachers/educators with exceptional observation skills, who can inspire children and initiate inquiry based learning that brings joy to the child and to themselves. The teacher should be able to bring out the best in children and be willing to explore together with them.
We are searching for a teacher who does not look at “teaching” merely as a job to be done but rather as an expedition that would bring about long lasting impact on children and society.
● Wonder Valley Learning Community
○ The Wonder Valley is a new initiative undertaken by the Por-Plearn team and Stream Garden (Anveekshana Foundation) group with the intention to bring about a new kind of education in the south of Thailand. We plan to kick start teaching in August 2020. We are bilingual and seek admissions from a pool of students in Thailand and worldwide.
○ The location of our school, in a valley in the south of Thailand, comprises of blue skies, wide horizons, natural beauty, clean air, food and water. We seek to bring about a nurturing environment that does not encourage competition and is humane. Our inquiry based curriculum has been designed carefully by studying various models of education and incorporates a diversity of activities from farming, performance arts, arts, crafts, science, mathematics, music, language, sports and culture.
For further information about Wonder Valley please enquire at:
Tel/LINE ID 0819574407, 0636308011
● Early Childhood Educator
● Primary School Education
Wonder Valley is looking for a passionate Early Childhood Educator to kick start a new alternative school this August 2020.
Location of work :
In a little village called Ban Thung Jang located in Moo 5, Tambon Pathong, Amphur Hatyai, Songkhla 90230 Thailand
Early childhood educator/teacher 1 position
Primary school educator/teacher 1 position
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in any field (for primary school position, a science background is preferred)
• Male or Female
• Any nationality
• Able to speak, read and write English fluently like an English language native speaker (knowledge in other languages is a plus)
• Must have at least 3 years’ experience in teaching children in a formal school setting, in age groups relevant to the position applied for (i.e 3-6 year or 6-9 years) and know the age related expectations for children in that stage of development
• Healthy and resilient to work outdoors in a forest, rural setting in all weathers
• Not afraid of natural life and exploring forest settings
• Have unique skills or talents related to performance arts, arts, crafts, music and science
• Be legally, mentally and physically suitable to care for children
• Open-minded with a positive attitude to challenges
• Energetic, confident and able to initiate new ideas
• Be honest, responsible and reliable
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work on weekends on some occasions.
• Have Thai or international driving license (car or motorbike)
• Contribute actively in developing learning spaces, materials, activities for children outdoors and indoors grounded on our play based, and inquiry based curriculum
• Listen to and observe children attentively
• Support children’s social development and ability to manage their reactions in the group in line with our policy
• Encourage and model initiative, resourcefulness and perseverance
• Provide experiences, learning environments that stimulate the children’s curiosity, creativity and imagination.
• Provide experiences, learning environments that make children feel competent and challenged
• Develop lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
• See learning opportunities in children’s play and have the skills to develop on it further
• Engage in various areas of work during the day i.e cleaning up learning spaces, doing other manual tasks as required
• Contribute to the assessment and record keeping of children’s development and learning
• Communicate with colleagues, parents and other professionals as required
• Encourage and contribute to friendly and supportive relationships with parents
○ Are you one of these people?
Love being with children and see them grow
A Person of many talents
Passionate about the cause of a better education
Passionate about a social and environmental issues
Want to make an impact in the world
Looking for meaningful work to dedicate time and energy to
Young, energetic, willing to take on new challenges
Not afraid to undertaken hands-on work in different areas
If so, we would like to meet with you and see possibilities of working together.
Should you need more information about the Wonder Valley Project please contact us:
Ms Soonya Vanichkorn (Doodee) - 0819574407, 0636308011, 074800315
○ Starting salary 50,000++ THB
Inclusive of free accommodation, 2 meals during term time, social security