The Institute for HIV Research and Innovation (IHRI) (Formerly PREVENTION, Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre) is a leader in research and innovation in the prevention of HIV and other health issues. We are a non-profit organization that is focused on organizational development through effective human resources management and capacity development processes to enable our personnel to work as efficiently as possible. Based on equality and community participation, which drives good public health policy. In addition, IHRI is a regional resource for research, education and training.
The Institute for HIV Research and Innovation (IHRI) stands for the elimination of stigma and discrimination and respect for diversity, to allow individuals to truly demonstrate their full potential, meet challenges, and have opportunities for career advancement and personal development to build a creative society together with us.
Role Overview: The Pharmacist Assistant is responsible for the preparation and accountability for medications dispensed to clients in services and subjects in research trials. The highest degree of accuracy and attention to detail is expected of this position. Additionally, the assistant pharmacy is responsible for management of drug and supply inventories and periodic reordering to ensure medications are available when required; compliance with regulations, policies and study protocols. Other key accountabilities include but are not limited to: assisting visitors, services clients, research personnel and study participants; active participation in and assistance with audits and inspections; compliance with departmental and institutional policies; and collaboration and cooperation with other members of the study team as needed.
Core Accountability & Responsibility:
1. Gather and enter client information and doctors' prescriptions in computer systems
2. Assess prescriptions for completeness
3. Prepare, package and give medications after a pharmacist has approved on the appropriateness of the prescription
4. Compound non-sterile pharmaceutical products
5. Help clients find non-prescription items
6. Price, stock and mark items for sale
7. Provide clients with non-drug product information
8. Participate in health promotion (for example, disease management screening and consultation clinics)
9. Maintain proper drug storage and security
10. Support the work with healthcare professionals and the community-based organization staff to ensure/improve quality of pharmacy management
11. Place and receive orders for stock to maintain inventory
12. Maintain prescription and inventory record keeping systems
13. Perform other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
1. Thai citizen only
2. At least Certificate or Diploma level in any education field
3. Holding a Certification as Pharmacy Technician from an accredited institution in area of pharmacy technician training
4. Minimum 3-years experience in the practical application of assisting pharmacists, as a role of Pharmacist Assistant, investigation preferred but not required
5. Preparing and packaging medications for patients as well as managing records accordingly
6. Strong client service and communication skills and experience managing inventories using a computerized systems.
7. Strong spelling, reading, and mathematics skills.
8. In-depth knowledge of reading prescriptions accurately
Please send your cover letter, CV and expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need any further information, please contact us via e-mail or phone: 02 252 9958 or visit our website at www.prevention-trcarc.org. Application Deadline: 31 August 2020 Only short-list candidates will be notified.
Contact : email@example.com