Organisation : ActionAid Thailand
Position : Project Manager (EU COVID-19 Response and Recovery Project) - Urgently Required!
Deadline of submission : 17 July 2020
Project Manager (EU COVID-19 Response and Recovery Project)
ActionAid is an international organization, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Thailand (AAT) is part of the ActionAid International Federation and has been working with people and communities in Thailand for a decade addressing issues related to poverty, human rights, education, and women’s and youth’s empowerment.
Location: Bangkok, Thailand (request to travel on project fields)
The main role of the position involves the management of the EU COVID-19 Response and Recovery in Thailand - Nationwide Project. The project Manager will work closely with the partners and team members to serve the objectives and goals of the project, including oversee the project implementation, expansion and M&E to meet the requirements of the donor and ActionAid.
- Maintain and update donor communications on project status and or changes
- Represent and promote the Project nationally
- Link Project with new and related initiative to promote new funding sources and ActionAid Thailand’ fundraising activities
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Design and implement the strategy in field of EU COVID-19 Response and Recovery Project at country level
- Ensure the effective implementation of the project related work in accordance with the Country Strategic Paper.
- Ensure project staff and partners on strategically implementing project activities.
- Develop strategic project implementation plan together with partner organizations and network, and provide coordination and follow-up support
- Extend full support to partner organizations in implementing the project in accordance with contractual requirements
- Manage and resolve any obstacle to deliverables by linking the project and partners to appropriate support, even outside the project specification, e.g. ActionAid Thailand’s mission objectives, impact assessment, etc.
- Ensure all program activities are sensitive to and responsive to changes in political, social, and economic environment in the project area
- Involve in recruitment of project staff and partners’ project staff
- Providing induction, training, coaching, mentoring and advice to project staff to ensure that they understand and carry out their responsibilities effectively
- Conduct comprehensive performance appraisal of project staff, including coordination of such to the project partners’ staff and provide/obtain feedback if required by donor
- Provide appropriate training to project staff, partner staff, target groups and volunteers when necessary
- Support in building partnership and maintain good relationship with local government officials, local authorities and other influential stakeholders to support project, activities.
- Maintain regular contact with partners in order to seek feedback from them for continuous improvement of the organization
- Ensure that relationship with partners is in accordance with contract requirement and that the principles of partnership and accountability are maintained throughout project implementation
- As a service to partners, ensure that there is no duplication of activities through coordination with other local agencies
- Coordinate with local government offices and other agencies
System, Policies and Procedures Management
- Familiarize with all donor contract requirements and ensure partners and their project management team understand donor rules and requirements
- Ensure that the project meets all ActionAid Thailand’s internal and external statutory requirements
- Support in policy advocacy and campaign
- Adhere/Comply with approved organizational policies and procedures
- Report/Provided comments to Program and Policy Manager on problems that does not comply with organizational system, procedures in own areas of work
Annual Planning and Budgeting
- Monitor progress against activity workplan to ensure that the project attains its objectives as cost-efficiently as possible
- Provide inputs to annual budgeting and planning development
Monitoring and Evaluation and Report
- Coordinate to design, establish and manage appropriate project monitoring and evaluation framework
- Ensure maintenance of Management Information System related to documentation of the project, including timely delivery of donor financial and narrative reports
- Make report in related fields to AAT, AAI, donors and relevant government agencies
- Maintain all project documentation and archives
- Manage project budget and approve requisitions, advances and expenses
- Control of expenditure and disbursement of resources of the budget in charge to ensure the compliance with financial policy of partners, AAT and donor
Audit/Issue Resolutions, Crisis/Risk Management
- Support the project audit and organizational audit
- Report any risk in own area of work that do not comply with organization policy, procedures and donor’s requirement
- Maintain an awareness of any possible crisis or risk to the organisation funding and donor relations and develop plans that will provide for such contingencies
Qualification & Experience:
Education & Certifications
- Master’s degree in social science, economics, social development studies, and other related fields
- Monitoring and Evaluation certification, is an advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a multi-cultural working environment, preferably an INGO.
- Experience in emergency response, developing disaster risk reduction and resilience plan, safe school
- Experience in participatory methodologies
- Experience in project management and M&E
- Extensive knowledge of the system, policies and issues of social security, sustainable agriculture, food security, migrant workers, informal sectors, ethnic minority stateless, women and children rights.
- Knowledge of policies and issues related to Human Rights based approach, and Human Security, Poverty Reduction and Sustainable Development Goal.
- Extensive administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation and communications
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent English and Thai communications: speaking, reading and writing skills
- Good research and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Documenting, report writing, and project training proposal skills are preferable.
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Able to travel on project fields
- A committed, mature and decisive self-starter with high level of integrity, friendly, and detail focused.
- Thai nationality
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resumes with two referees, including a cover letter indicating the dates of availability and salary expectation to email: email@example.com by July 17, 2020, COB at the latest.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager