Purpose of Position:
Provide leadership in the development, implementation and coordination of holistic, viable and progressive Humanitarian & Emergency strategies in support to the strategic goal and objectives of World Vision Thailand with the end in view of creating an environment or condition that addresses emergency preparedness and resiliency of the organization and communities including children and their families from crises and complex humanitarian emergencies.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
A. To raise the level of competence and efficiency of the organization by providing high level of professional expertise in humanitarian strategic leadership.
1. Provides strategic, viable inputs and technical advise during organizational planning and assessment, leadership meetings and whenever deemed required by the National Director.
2. Updates the National Director and the Leadership Team on developments of Humanitarian Emergency Affairs programs and milestones.
B. To ensure that HEA Operations in preparedness, disaster risk reduction and mitigation, response, recovery/rehabilitation and transition management meets both WV partnership and international standards.
1. Develops Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs long-term directions that are aligned with the organization’s strategic direction in consultation with direct reports.
2. Leads negotiation with the local and international funding agencies on emergency response and rehabilitation proposals including the terms of reference of its implementation.
C. To facilitate collaboration for innovation and Child Well-Being (CWB) impact, especially as it relates to disaster risk reduction and resilience.
1. Ensures that HEA division’s work performance are measured and aligned with defined organizational and division goals and standards.
2. Works collaboratively with Operations team for the implementation of technical programs as it relates to disaster management with focus on CWB.
D. To provide spiritual leadership not only to HEA division but as well as to strategic leaders of the organization based on biblical principles, WV core values, beliefs and Christ-centered Commitments.
1. Ensures that Christ-centered Commitment is a foundational mandate of every HEA processes.
2. Provides time and space for direct reports to participate in organizational initiated spiritual formation activities.
A. EDUCATION – With Bachelors degree in Social Science and Development Courses and/or other related Social Science Course with equivalent substantial experience in managing relief and natural disasters. Master’s degree preferred in Social Works or other specialized courses on Humanitarian Emergency, Disaster Management and Relief.
B. EXPERIENCE: At least 5years of broad and deep experience in leading and managing disaster management programs and humanitarian emergencies.
C. EXPERTISE: Strength in emergency relief response, disaster preparedness, risk management, community organizing, networking and community mobilization, media and public relations.
Contact : email@example.com