TITLE: Livelihood Program Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Implementation
LOCATION: Pattani Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed Term 1-year with possibility to extend
ROLE PURPOSE: The post holder will be responsible for the overall successful management and implementation of an integrated Livelihoods program in the Deep South of Thailand. The programme aims at strengthening the resilience of the most vulnerable youth, women and migrant workers affected by unrest situation and Covid-19 pandemic and increase participation of CSOs in preventing, addressing and mitigating risks and vulnerabilities in the fragile context of Thailand Deep South.
The Program Coordinator will plan and support vulnerable youth in access social and economic recovery opportunities, vocational curriculum development, business skills training, Life Skills and establish role-model resilient communities to advocate establishment of province-based preparedness standard. The program coordinator will closely work with consortium and partners for supporting program’ interventions. In addition, the position holder will have the responsibility to manage performance and develop capacity of relevant project staffs. The post holder is expected to dedicate an important amount of her/his time with the team including partners’ team in the areas of intervention, to support and monitor the daily implementation of the projects.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Field Coordinator-Pattani Office
Staff reporting to this post: 2 Project Officers
Indirect: MST Child Poverty Sector Lead
Budget Responsibilities: 600,000 USD / year
Financial Approval: 10,000 USD
External Representation: Regular contact with Government Ministries / Department and other NGOs / organizations working in related sectors.
- Be responsible for ensuring the timely, efficient and effective delivery of project activities and initiatives under Livelihood program in the Deep South of Thailand.
- Lead on problem resolution, while ensuring that team members are involved in the decision making process.
- Coordinate and work with the projects’ teams to ensure timely delivery of program activities.
- Work closely with implementing and strategic partners (Academia, CSOs and Steering Committee) to ensure mutual agreement, shared benefits and accountabilities.
- Ensure implementing partners and sub-grantees have organizational development plan and provide capacity building support and guidance on project and budget management and activity implementation.
- Prepare the projects’ work plans and monitor monthly variances and unmet targets, then design and apply corrective measures to remain on track.
- Produce timely and quality reports that ensure appropriate capturing of programme impact and outcomes as well as programme outputs based on logistical framework and M&E system.
- Design PPRM of livelihood programme and update of the projects’ work-plan, support plan, procurement plan and budgets.
- Coordinate with Award team to prepare requests for budget revisions, realignment and other grant modifications.
- Ensure compliance to systems and processes for planning and reporting to donors.
- Undertake additional tasks that are relevant to program management and activity implementation that may be assigned by her/his manager from time to time, including the development of new projects and the response to emergencies, in the area or at country level.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
Coordination & Communications
- Main representative of the Livelihoods program internally and externally for development focused interventions.
- Ensure close coordination and sharing of information with project sector leads to increase efficiency, quality and value-for-money of intervention with all communities
- Ensure flow of information and coordination across department and with partner staff.
- Maintain a close coordination in the field with local authorities especially with relevant counterpart departments, and with sector leads of other organizations.
- Facilitate field visits by donors and Save the Children Member representatives.
- Ensure high quality, accessible information about the project and its achievements are available for internal and external audiences (including current donors, Save the Children Members, potential funders, etc.)
- Be proactive in coordinating and sharing information with other stakeholders in the area which present similar focus, approach or target groups.
- Establish clear and compelling objectives with teams and individuals and monitors progress and performance
- Encourage good initiatives and innovative ideas for her/his staffs and be a supportive and empowering manager.
- Take a flexible and positive leadership style, adapting to a given situation or to the needs of the team.
- Maintain a focus on achieving results and meeting the agreed objectives, and pro-actively solve problems without having to be instructed by line management.
- Identify clear development needs and development plans for the team through regular constructive reviews of the performance
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility and assess the performance of personnel under his/her direct supervision following SCI performance management processes
- Ensure adherence to security regulations by personnel under his/her supervision
- Identify learning and training opportunities for Save the Children staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- Identifying capacity building needs (management, language etc.) and in conjunction with the HR, devise a plan for personal development of each staff member.
Child Safeguarding Responsibility:
- Ensure that staff is providing all beneficiaries of your programme with ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
- Degree in in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Vocational Education, Social Sciences, Economic, MBA, International development etc.,
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience implementing projects, preferably on multi sector projects related with livelihoods, market systems, entrepreneurship, youth development, DRR and/or emergency response
- Demonstrated skills, experience, and knowledge of community based development and migrant youth
- Very good written and spoken English.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- People management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team
- Very good knowledge of project management cycle.
- Ability to work well in a team and train other staffs and demonstrate experience efficiently managing a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Skilled at developing curriculum, learning workshop, project design, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Ability to takes decisions when needed and prepared to account for them.
- Capacity to anticipates change and adapt the plans and priorities accordingly
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote areas as assigned.
- An in-depth understanding of context of the Deep South
- Experience in managing a project by EU and USAID or another international donors
- Experience in a humanitarian/conflict and/or multi-ethnic setting.
- Experience working with community groups in humanitarian, post-conflict and recovery development context
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Fluency in Pattani Malay
- Experience working with the Deep South Civil Society organization
Additional Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder may be required to support emergency response interventions in and out of the duty area, for a period to be agreed with the supervisor and emergency response team.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top Up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
HR; 02 684 1286-88 ext.608
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistantเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักกิจกรรม / Activistผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager