UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES (UNHCR)
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Vacancy Notice No. 16/2020
Title of Post
PSP Individual Giving Associate
General Service, G6
Type of contract
Fixed-Term Appointment (FTA)
Date of Issue
10 July 2020
Effective date of assignment
As soon as possible
24 July 2020
The PSP IG Associate (Donor Development and Retention) plays an important role in the increase of PSP income in Thailand.
Under the functional supervision and in conjunction with the UNHCR Thailand, the PSP IG Associate will ensure that donors are developed and retained to obtain their long term commitment for the refugees. PSP Thailand requires a PSP IG Associate (Donor Development and Retention) to be responsible for maximising the income generated from the donor base through all donor retention, database management and donor communication activity.
- Ensure that PSP donor retention income targets are achieved in a cost effective manner
- Conduct tests in donor development programme to ensure additional income to support refugees
- Support the development and implementation of donor retention communications materials and activities for existing donors and for emergency appeals
- Write content and supervise the design and production of the donor care materials
- Supervise the call centre activities including; upgrading, reactivation and strategic testing of all techniques
- Monitor and analyse key performance indicators for donor retention to improve life time value of donors. Analyze reports and propose recommendations to improve the programme performance
- Take lead in planning for the project of database and customer relationship marketing system
- Supervise PSP Assistant to implement donor retention and communications plan
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern (POC).
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) sits within UNHCR's Division of External Relations (DER) and is responsible for mobilizing resources from the private sector for refugees. UNHCR has developed a Private Sector Fundraising Strategy focusing on both Individual Giving and Private Sector Partnerships, identifying priority fundraising markets and regions.
Individual Giving (IG) is targeted at the general public to secure the support of individuals through regular, unrestricted donations, cash appeals and legacies. The aim is to generate both monthly and one-time donations from individuals using various channels and methods including direct mail, face-to-face fundraising, telemarketing, digital fundraising, DRTV and emergency fundraising, with focus on strong donor loyalty and lifetime value.
The purpose is to maximize the donor base from the individual giving (IG) for UNHCR, those with the ability to provide donations of between $1 to $10.000 (depending on local market conditions, as well as scope of responsibility) per year to UNHCR.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to the creation of annual plans for acquisition and donor development programs (i.e. forecasts of costs and expenses, income projections, donor figures, etc.).
- With close collaboration with supervisor contribute to the development of detailed annual plan for the IG programs.
- Implement the donor development communications plan and fundraising activities for one-time donors to convert to monthly or secure a second one-time gift.
- Develop, manage and improve donor servicing and communications to provide a best in class donor care with best practice standards (welcome, information, thank you letters, donor monthly newsletter, in-bound and out-bound donor emails and calls, complaints, etc.).
- Work with marketing agencies to develop contact strategies and donor journeys for different segments of the database using a variety of channels including telemarketing, digital and mail.
- Contribute in the implementation of the operations of the following campaigns, upgrade, conversion, acquisition, welcome, recapturing, loyalty, Thank you, One-off calls, Marketing Research, Upgrade middle donors, middle donors one-off and others.
- Support in preparation of submissions to the National Growth Fund related to IG programs to secure funding to increase the and diversify donor base.
- Develop skills in the IG team to enable and motivate team members to operate to their full potential.
- In consultation with CRM Manager, ensure that effective TN selection criteria are made, schedule for export and import of TM files, and prioritise and request data statistics needed for proper evaluation and optimisation of TM programs.
- Manage the database within the Area of Responsibility (AoR), ensure accuracy of data entry, perform Lifetime Value analysis and identify, recommend and implement key actions to reduce attrition rates.
- Work in close collaboration with PSP teams to develop cross channel fundraising campaigns including digital, F2F, Telemarketing, DRTV, direct mail etc.
- Support the coordination of Face-to-Face outsourced as well as in house activities.
- Contribute to the development of the fundraising strategies and products for diverse individual fundraising activities that serve to recruit and retain loyal individual donors.
- Support in the development and implementation of emergency plans for telemarketing and Face-to-Face.
- Cooperate closely with digital team to secure optimal timing and approach for conversion of supporters’ lists into donors.
- Oversee the handling of donor’s requests and managing complains in a professional manner.
- Investigate opportunities for lead generation and acquisition.
- Support adaptation of contents as well as implementation of tests aimed to improve response.
- Manage relations with partners, contractors and suppliers to implement FR programs
- Contribute to develop and enhance market knowledge and analyse the competitive environment to monitor PSP performance and make recommendation to management.
- Develop and implement a welcome program for newly recruited monthly donors and one-time donors.
- Contribute to quality control and training systems for F2F Agencies.
- Assist in ensuring that donor acquisition income targets are achieved in a cost-effective manner.
- Draft scripts for different telemarketing campaigns.
- Contribute to the development of emergency plans for different fundraising activities.
Donor Retention and Development
- Execute donor journeys according to planned schedule, conducting testing among journeys, implement donor engagement activities.
- Support in the implementation of programme improvement as defined in the UNHCR Donor Development Strategy to strengthen individual giving fundraising programs.
- Assist in the implementation of donor development communications plans and fundraising activities, such as newsletter and special appeals, through a variety of media including direct mail, telemarketing, email and mobile.
- Target/segment based on donor insights, behaviour, interactions and gifts history.
- Oversee the handling of donor’s requests and manage complains in a professional manner.
- Keep up-to-date with giving techniques and strategies to increase or maintain donations from multiple donors.
- Support the development and implementation of donor retention communication materials and activities for existing donors and for emergency appeals.
- Execute monthly operations of recapturing by emails/mails, thank-you to donors.
- Improve income of regular committed individual donors, optimising opportunities through data segmentation, supporter journey enhancement, new fundraising products, and optimization of current programmes.
- Advise on donor care actions and improvement to be implemented.
- Develop, monitor and review retention program performance. Draw conclusions and make recommendations to improve future activity and feed into longer term strategic plans.
- Support all in-house and outsourced donor care representatives are provided with all information, including Q&A documents, necessary to handle any in-bound donor communications resulting from the donor development activities
- Foster a donor centric culture and communication.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, or other relevant field.
Relevant Job Experience
Minimum 3 years’ experience in private sector fundraising, sales, client/donor communication, marketing or journalism. Proven experience working in donor retention/ development programmes. Experience in coordination and supervision of fundraising campaigns in profit or non-profit industry. Experience in fundraising related databases and software. Experience in data analysis and segmentation.
Experience with the non-profit sector. Experience in supervising database migration and setting up a Contact Relationship Management (CRM) system. Experience in project management. Experience in managing agencies/vendors/clients.
FR-PSFR Direct Marketing and Direct Response Fundraising
FR-Experience in Private Sector Fundraising
FR-Fundraising-face to face, digital, emergency, DRTV, etc.
FR-Online communications, web-based marketing and fundraising contents
FR-Fundraising approach skills (Face2Face/Sales Prog Outsourced-Sales workforce/Door2Door)
MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station
Candidates must be Thai nationals.
Internal staff members should consult the Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS), UNHCR/AI/2020/1/Rev.1. If you have any question regarding the eligibility, you may also contact the HR unit.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Submission of Applications:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation, updated factsheet (for internals), signed Personal History Form (for externals) by e-mail clearly stating the position title, vacancy notice number and your Last Name in the subject line to THABAHR@unhcr.org by the closing date.
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Refugees – who cares? We Do
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerระดมทุน / Fundraising