Title: Cultural Orientation Trainer (Independent Contractor)
Reports to: Cultural Orientation & Training Coordinator
Location: Mae Sot
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The temporary Cultural Orientation Trainer will assist with conducting cultural orientation classes in accordance with the curriculum developed by RSC Asia. They will also carry out any routine administrative and support activities required by the Cultural Orientation program.
The position does require domestic travel within Thailand. This may include refugee camp locations, detention centers, and the Bangkok office. Occasional weekend work may also be required.
- Conduct CO training sessions for groups of 25-35 refugees, bound for the United States (i.e. adults, children, youth, families, etc.);
- Organize classroom supplies and materials necessary for an interactive environment;
- Maintain accurate CO attendance records;
- Assist with logistical arrangements and the upkeep of CO facilities as needed, and in close coordination with the CO Team;
- Maintain close contact with the CO & Training Coordinator;
- Maintain a current understanding of the US Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) and resettlement issues related to CO;
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The Cultural Orientation Trainer will deliver compelling learner-centered trainings to refugees bound for the United States in accordance with the curriculum developed by RSC Asia as assigned.
- The Cultural Orientation Trainer shall maintain accurate class attendance records and related documentation as required.
- The Cultural Orientation Trainer acknowledges the importance of all established written policies of IRC, particularly including but not limited to those relating to conduct, IRC’s mandatory reporting policies, IRC’s security policies, and RSC program integrity guidelines.
- The Cultural Orientation Trainer agrees to strictly abide by and follow all such policies and will inform the IRC of any deviation from these policies.
Duration of Work: From 03 August 2020 to 30 September 2020
Term of payment:
- The Cultural Orientation Trainer shall submit a timesheet signed by the IRC supervisor for services’ fees by the end of each month.
- Payment will be made by bank direct deposit each month.
- The Cultural Orientation Trainer shall fulfill all required tax registration, and shall provide all such registration information and documents to IRC, as IRC may reasonably request. IRC may withhold for taxes as may be required by law, and shall provide withholding certificates to the Cultural Orientation Trainer, accordingly.
University degree in relevant field, or equivalent professional experience Work Experience:
- Experience teaching/training adults preferably in a refugee context
- Experience teaching/training children/youth is a plus
- Prior experience in refugee resettlement processing is strongly preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel camp locations and work on the weekends to meet program needs;
- Flexibility and the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with colleagues in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment;
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, work independently, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines;
Languages and computer skills:
- Knowledge of Karen and/or Burmese language is a plus;
- Proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office programs, and e-mail
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 17 July 2020
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Thailand.HR@rescue.org
Contact : Thailand.HR@rescue.org
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultant