At RECOFTC, we believe in a future where people live equitably and sustainably in and beside healthy, resilient forests. We take a long-term, landscape-based and inclusive approach to supporting local communities to secure their land and resource rights, stop deforestation, find alternative livelihoods and foster gender equity. We are the only non-profit organization of our kind in Asia and the Pacific. We have more than 30 years of experience working with people and forests, and have built trusting relationships with partners at all levels. Our influence and partnerships extend from multilateral institutions to governments, private sector and local communities. Our innovations, knowledge and initiatives enable countries to foster good forest governance, mitigate and adapt to climate change, and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
RECOFTC is inviting candidates to apply to be an Intern in the role of Study Tour and Blended Learning Facilitator and be a part of the Program Coordination and Technical Services Unit. The successful applicant will be based at the Main Office in Bangkok, Thailand. The internship is for 12 months and requires frequent travelling, mostly within Thailand. The position is for Thai nationals only.
The internship at RECOFTC aims to provide opportunities for the selected candidate to build practical skills, gain working experience, and deepen their understanding of community forestry in the Asia-Pacific region which will support them in furthering their professional career in their area of interest. Through the assignment and duties, the intern will collaborate with RECOFTC partners, local NGOs and communities.
Terms of reference
The Intern, Study Tour and Blended Learning Facilitator will be a member of the Program Coordination and Technical Services (PCTS) Unit under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Officer for Training & Learning team. The intern will work across all countries and themes of RECOFTC, and will be a key member of the training and learning team. The intern, with support from the Senior Program Officer is responsible for all aspects of study tours, from budgeting to planning to facilitating, and when not working on study tours, will be supporting the training and learning team in the development and implementation of regional learning initiatives, including in-person, e-learning and blended approaches. The intern will be responsible to:
- Develop, manage and implement study-tour programs and packages, including but not limited to coordination with potential partners and resource persons, clients/requesters and internal projects/programs, logistics, budgeting, contracting, and supporting materials
- Develop and cultivate specific community profiles as study tour sites, through consultation and discussion with the unit and national programs, that can showcase organizational strategic goals
- Continuously engage, communicate and coordinate with program participants and stakeholders including local communities, government agencies, civil society, non-government organizations, and private companies for efficient implementation of training and learning activities, especially study tour programs and packages
- Document and update the training and learning protocols and guidelines in consultation with relevant team members
Specific tasks and duties include:
Tour program development:
- Take the lead in budgeting, contracting, and program agenda development in line with the demands of clients and RECOFTC’s procurement policy in close coordination with program administrative officers
- Examine the feasibility and budgeting of study tour opportunities by applying study tours/training opportunity summary and assessment form
- Ensure proper community engagement for the study tour program, adhering to the principle of ‘do no harm’ to local stakeholders and communities, fair share of benefits, inclusion, and informed consent of the community to freely decide to receive the participants
- Work with a senior program officer or program officer to design a study tour program in response to the agreed objectives and expectations of clients/requestors
- Maintain contact details and community background information for the use of supporting materials given to participants
- Assist in the production of communication products on study tour marketing, and dissemination of stories from the field
Tour program coordination and delivery:
- Lead in coordinating with study tour clients to develop and deliver the program efficiently
- Identify and coordinate with co-organizing partners, key informants, resource persons, communities, or service providers in the field to ensure the effective arrangement of the tour program and its delivery
- Ensure compliance of the coordination procedure from government, non-government, civil organizations and communities by way of prior coordination and confirmation, invitation letters to such agencies and other steps that may be required
- Support logistics, financial transactions to communities and other service providers in close coordination and cooperation with program administrative officer and comply with RECOFTC travel authorization, procurement, and transaction policy/procedures
- Lead in communication assistance during study tours and trainings/learning events in Thailand, translating from Thai and English during discussions and presentation
Other learning and training activities:
- Support the senior program officer or program officer to design, facilitate, and deliver field component and non-field component of trainings and learning activities
- Conduct the desk research and literature reviews needed for learning materials
- Facilitate, report and maintain the records of regional trainings and learning activities
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the Senior Program Officer, Training and Learning or the Director of the Program Coordination and Technical Services unit
Qualifications and experience
The Intern, Study Tour and Blended Learning Facilitator will have the following essential qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, forestry, conservation, ecology, education studies or related fields
- Experience in multi-stakeholder processes, networking and training or teaching
- Proven analytical skills and an innovative thinker who actively contributes to team development
- Ability to multitask
- Good oral and written communication skills and fluency in English and Thai
- Previous work experience in international organizations in the Asia-Pacific region
- Some work experience in project development and implementation under the topic of community forestry, landscape management, or natural resources teaching
- Ability to communicate in one or more languages of RECOFTC’s focal countries (China, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Thailand, Viet Nam and Myanmar) is an asset
- Familiar with principles of sustainable forest management, community forestry and social and gender rights, equity and inclusion
RECOFTC’s core values
At RECOFTC, our core values are the foundation of our culture and guide all our work. In addition to job specific skills and experience, the applicant should possess the following characteristics, attitudes and skills:
- Embrace innovation
- Adapt to, and learn from, challenges
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders
- Nurture commitment, responsibility and ownership
- Prioritize sustainability
- Cultivate participation, social inclusion and gender equity
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter indicating why they are suitable for this position and current contact details of three referees, including recent supervisors to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the position title in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
To learn more about RECOFTC, please visit our website www.recoftc.org.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, colour, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by RECOFTC’s values and code of conduct. Reasonable accommodation may be made so that qualified disabled applicants can partake in the application process. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Please inform RECOFTC’s Human Resources in writing of any special needs at the time of application.
RECOFTC is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
RECOFTC retains the right to offer this position at a job grade relevant to the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developer