At RECOFTC, we believe in a future where people live equitably and sustainably in and beside healthy, resilient forests. We take a long-term, landscape-based and inclusive approach to supporting local communities to secure their land and resource rights, stop deforestation, find alternative livelihoods and foster gender equity. We are the only non-profit organization of our kind in Asia and the Pacific. We have more than 30 years of experience working with people and forests, and have built trusting relationships with partners at all levels. Our influence and partnerships extend from multilateral institutions to governments, private sector and local communities. Our innovations, knowledge and initiatives enable countries to foster good forest governance, mitigate and adapt to climate change, and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
RECOFTC is inviting candidates to apply for the position of Program Officer, Business Development as part of the Executive Office team. The successful applicant will be based in Bangkok, with occasional travel to RECOFTC focal countries. The contract duration is for 24 months with a possibility of extension subject to funding availability and satisfactory performance.
Specific tasks and duties
The Program Officer, Business Development will work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Business Development Officer within the Executive Office. This position will work in collaboration across the organization providing business development support where needed, as well as working on early solicitation, business intelligence, and marketing and communication products for business development and partnerships.
RECOFTC has a small but robust Business Development Unit, which is part of the Executive Office. The role of the Business Development Unit is to monitor, track, and apply for specific funding calls, as well as to cultivate relationships with existing and potential new donors and partners. RECOFTC is a regional organization, based in Thailand, working specifically in: Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand, and Viet Nam. As we are looking to expand and diversify our funding and donor base, this position will play an integral role in strategizing, conceptualizing, and writing to a range of donors and audiences, including public-sector donors, foundations, and private sector actors.
Specific tasks and duties include:
- Lead, write, and edit proposals and concept notes, with technical and institutional inputs from staff members and country programs
- Coordinate proposal and concept note development processes to ensure timely submission of high-quality products that are responsive and compliant to donor requirements
- Support RECOFTC’s business development pipeline, including building a solid bankable pipeline of projects, at both the country and regional levels
- Support and help identify partners, ensuring a competitive position and viable role for RECOFTC
- Research donor trends and priorities, including public, private, and foundations, and stay abreast of specific donor initiatives
- Research, track and analyze new opportunities and RECOFTC’s competitive position, especially around foundations and private sector
- Work with the Executive Office team and all of RECOFTC staff to implement the new Business Development Strategy
- Support the development of proposal budgets and budget narratives
- Support RECOFTC country programs with their country-level business development efforts and planning
- Manage RECOFTC’s business development files and records, making sure that documents are organized and accessible for all RECOFTC staff
- Develop, update, and revise organizational capacity statements and other key documents for the Business Development team
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Business Development Officer and the Executive Director
Qualifications and experience
The Program Officer, Business Development will have the following essential and desirable qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, writing, communication, international development, business development, marketing, or a related field, with Master’s degree preferred
- Five years of professional experience in business development, fundraising, international development, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability and success in fundraising and writing funding proposals
- Good understanding of the environment and natural resource management sector, specifically forestry, climate change, governance, livelihoods, gender and social inclusion
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills in English
- Knowledge of donors, funding trends, and key actors in international development/business development, preferably in the Southeast Asia context
- Familiarity with foundations and private sector actors in Southeast Asia’s natural resource sector
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with people at all levels in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Knowledge and proven skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe (Acrobat) and/or Google (Drive, Docs, Sheets)
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills
- A good sense of humor and positive attitude
- A self-starter, willing to take initiative and follow through on tasks
- Works well independently or as part of a team
- Experience working on a small team with limited resources, and wearing multiple hats as needed
- Professional experience in the Southeast Asia context
- Prior experience with the private sector, impact investing, blended finance, and designing projects that offer a return on investment, especially in RECOFTC focal countries
- Experience with preparing cost proposals or proposal budgets
- Fluency in one or more of the focal country languages (Vietnamese, Burmese, Thai, Lao, Bahasa Indonesia, Nepali, or Khmer)
RECOFTC’s core values
At RECOFTC, our core values are the foundation of our culture and guide all our work. In addition to job specific skills and experience, the applicant should possess the following characteristics, attitudes and skills:
- Embrace innovation
- Adapt to, and learn from, challenges
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders
- Nurture commitment, responsibility and ownership
- Prioritize sustainability
- Cultivate participation, social inclusion and gender equity
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter indicating why they are suitable for this position along with salary requirements and current contact details of three referees, including recent supervisors to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the position title in the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. RECOFTC has a competitive compensation package. Offers are based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
To learn more about RECOFTC, please visit our website www.recoftc.org
Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, colour, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by RECOFTC’s values and code of conduct. Reasonable accommodation may be made so that qualified disabled applicants can partake in the application process. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Please inform RECOFTC’s Human Resources in writing of any special needs at the time of application.
RECOFTC is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
RECOFTC retains the right to offer this position at a job grade relevant to the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
ระดมทุน / Fundraising