TITLE: ECHO Project Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Implementation
LOCATION: Pattani Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1.5 year contract
In fragile and humanitarian contexts, the mechanisms protecting children are often overwhelmed and weakened, and in times of disaster, children are at increased risk of all forms of violence, including SGBV. SC proposes to focus this action on children and putting actions in place to reduce the risks boys and girls face, in particular SGBV. With the ongoing global pandemic and mitigation/restriction measures in place, the gaps in the capacity of national and local mechanisms to protect children became even more glaring. Significant progress has been across SE Asia in Disaster Management due to the ASEAN Agreement on Disaster Management and Emergency Response, and in Comprehensive School Safety. However, SC has identified a child protection gap (including SGBV), which has led to the need to bring together experience from DRR (including emergency preparedness, mitigation, risk reduction, anticipation and early action), child protection, gender and inclusion into an integrated approach that can be adapted to any context based on the threats and hazards.
This 15-month action will develop and test this approach by working with child protection and disaster management systems in two locations currently facing triple challenge of an on-going Covid19 pandemic, natural disasters and conflict: Mindanao in Philippines and Deep South of Thailand. The results of in-country testing will feed into refinement of the framework that can be used by ASEAN members, as well as ensure the model is rolled out through key CPiE and DRR stakeholders in the Asia region. Through a Joint Theory of Change with UN Women, SC will contribute to regional level advocacy to ensure child protection (including inclusion and disability) is incorporated into disaster management plans of ASEAN.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall implementation, coordination and management of the ECHO project implementation in Thailand. The position-holder will also provide management support to the staff team and coordinate with implementing partner, strategic government partners and other local stakeholders in the field, to ensure the timely and quality delivery of the project.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Child Protection Program Coordinator (Pattani-based)
Staff reporting to this post: 1 Project Officer
Budget Responsibilities: Yes
Role Dimensions: The coordinator will work closely with Child Protection Advisor and Child Safety Coordinator in the implementation of the project
External Representation: Regular contact with local government agencies
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for the overall project management, implementation of the project and for overseeing administration, accounting, procurement and staffing issues related to the project.
- Support project officer under line management in capacity building on key areas of their career development and professional skills.
- Oversee project expenditure and hold budget management responsibility for the project, including monitoring budget vs expenditure, ensuring that costs are allocated correctly and expenditure is happening in line with the plan.
- Lead on developing and revising the project management tools on timely basis.
- Work closely with thematic advisors (Child Protection Advisor and Child Safety Coordinator) to ensure quality implementation and meet Child Safeguarding and Child Safe Programming standards.
- In coordination with the thematic advisors facilitate meetings, workshops and evaluations in relation to the implementation of this project.
- Plan and organize regular meetings with the local strategic partners to develop provincial level Child Protection in Emergencies Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Work closely with thematic advisors to facilitate community-based child protection in emergency trainings in project target area.
- Effectively monitored the project progress through the regular collection and analysis of key indicators and ensure that processes and results are systematically documented and tracked.
- Ensure that lessons learnt and success stories from the project are effectively documented and shared.
- Ensure that internal and external reporting requirements are met, including donor reports and donor compliance, in line with the required format and with review and input from the thematic advisors.
- Input into the development and review of Save the Children’s strategic planning and Emergency Preparedness Plan.
Partnership Management and Support
- Work with implementing partner to collate good practices and evidence for showcasing at national and regional level.
- Provide technical support to partners on the sub-award agreement and compliances. Make sure that the projects’ partners are followed through with SCI standard in logistics, management and finance. Timely funding transfer to partners is to be ensured, unless circumstances ceased.
- Oversee and monitor partners' performance in accordance with the agreement and as required per Save the Children policies and donor’s compliance.
- Provide technical support to partners in implementing organizational and technical development plan.
Representation and coordination (internal and external)
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners such as NGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, UN agencies and government counterparts especially UN Women.
- Strengthen interagency collaboration to promote a focus on child protection in emergency preparedness and response.
- Participate in coordination and technical meetings at provincial and national level.
- Participate in regular team meetings, provide input into area decisions and ensure that issues affecting the implementation of the projects are resolved.
- Ensure effective communication between the field team and thematic leads regarding context, security and programme achievements and concerns.
- Ensure high quality, accessible information about the project and its achievements are available for internal and external audiences (including current donors, Save the Children Members, potential funders, etc.)
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably post-graduate university degree, in subject related to thematic area (Social work, International Relations, community development, psychology, child development)
- Good understanding on child protection issues in Thailand with sound knowledge of international standard of child rights and child protection
- At least 5-year experience in working in child protection programme. Work experience in one or more of the following issues would be an asset: emergency response, Disaster Risk Reduction.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within the NGO sector and/ or in an international environment
- Experience in project management, in particular experience in ensuring key deliverables are produced on time
- Ability to adopt a pro-active approach and offer solutions as appropriate.
- Experience of planning and organising meetings and events, with a strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work effectively at country and regional level gaining trust and confidence with both internal and external stakeholders, and in particular senior stakeholder management in a highly political environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an eye for detail and fluent in English
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy both within and without the organisation.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically as assigned including in the Deep South
- Good understanding of context of the Deep South.
- Self- motivated with ability to work autonomously.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
- Strong team player
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically as assigned
- Sound judgement and an ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to track and monitor a budget.
- Maintain a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
HR; 02 684 1286-88 ext.608
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistantเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักกิจกรรม / Activist