Love Frankie Job Specification
Job Title: Program Communications Officer
Location: Songkhla, Thailand
Start date: 1 September 2020
Love Frankie is a Bangkok-based social change communication and research agency that specializes in supporting public and private sector organizations to design and implement social impact projects.
We design social and behaviour change campaigns across a broad range of issues including intolerance and hate speech, peace and conflict, digital literacy, migration, human trafficking, gender & LGBT rights, environmental protection, access to justice and governance. Our Bangkok-based team manages a range of projects across Thailand and the Asia-Pacific region.
We are seeking a Program Communications Officer to join a multi-year project working with Thai CSOs in Pattani, Narathiwat and Yala Provinces to build their capacity to facilitate deeper, more meaningful, and peaceful dialogue between citizens and with the government leading to positive actions that address their needs.
The Program Communications Officer will be based in Songkhla and will participate in the development of the overall project strategy and will develop and drive innovative and strategic communications approaches, trainings and tools with a focus on establishing and developing collaborative relationships project partners and supporting and guiding their use of new digital technologies in their advocacy campaigns.
The Program Communications Officer’s key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gaining and maintaining an in-depth understanding of key partners, namely governments and CSOs and their networks located in the Deep South, including what their current communications approaches are and identifying how they can engage citizens on key issues more creatively and through new digital channels;
- Designing, managing and facilitating communications capacity building trainings and workshops for CSOs in key strategic communication areas, including social movement building, campaigning, audience targeting, social media strategy development, etc.
- Work closely with partner CSOs to develop and use creative approaches to conveying messages and employing digital tools to engage different groups including citizens to government, CSOs to government etc.;
- With partner CSOs, develop and implement digital communications strategies to fulfill partner objectives and provide technical assistance to them to leverage use of digital platforms in their work;
- Develop and manage key materials including training curricula and educational modules to be incorporated into onsite and online programs;
- Building and maintaining a network of local partners, facilitating cross communication channel(s), assessing their capacity for collaboration in activities within the context of program goals and objectives;
- Work closely with NGO and media partners, ensuring completion of implementation plans in accordance with relevant technical requirements, budgets and regulations;
- Monitoring and reporting on project activities for internal and external stakeholders;
- Keeping abreast of Deep South and national gender and social inclusion developments and prepare and deliver written and oral briefings when requested;
- Providing leadership in the design, facilitation and follow-up of key meetings (including attendees) to ensure partner meetings are efficient and effective for all parties;
- As needed and appropriate, consult with Royal Thai Government Officials, local and international CSOs, universities and donors active in the Deep South on gender, social inclusion, development, political, security and access issues;
- Other duties consistent with the overall focus of the assignment as assigned by their project supervisor and the Director of Love Frankie as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Master’s degree preferred) in Social Sciences, Humanities, Communications, International Development or related field;
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge managing local / national public engagement projects;
- Understanding of the history and context of the Deep South, and significant experience working in the Deep South directly with Thai civil society groups, universities and/or the Thai government is a strong advantage;
- Relevant experience with project management with acute attention to detail;
- Strong facilitation skills including running workshops and trainings for a broad range of partners and/or research group moderation;
- Strong knowledge and experience in digital communications strategies and online communications channels;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate complex sensitive social ideas to engage with a wide range of audiences and effectively report in to the regional management team and partners;
- A passion for bringing people together to learn from one another and promote the sharing of best practice;
- High levels of self-motivation and self-management; ability to plan and conduct work with minimal supervision;
- Fluent in written and spoken Thai & English;
- Great stakeholder management & diplomacy skills with a broad spectrum of program partners including government, CSO, university and private sector partners;
- Great written communication and reporting skills.
- Experience in media, digital media and communications strategy and/or related fields;
- Experience with statistics, social media listening and other online analytics tools;
- Familiarity working in the non-profit or social impact sector on complex social issues including peace and conflict, gender and human rights and local governance issues;
- Familiarity with social and behavior change communications approaches.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 July 2020. Please put “Application for Program Communications Officer” in the subject line of your email to us.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Seeking to hire as soon as possible, ideally candidates will be able to start employment in Songkhla, Thailand by 1 September 2020.
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager