Please follow the check lists and submission guidelines, posted on the official website: https://th.usembassy.gov/
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. SOLICITATION NO.: USAID 72048620R10041
2. ISSUANCE DATE: September 25, 2020
3. CLOSING DATE/TIME FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS: October 15, 2020/11:59 PM Bangkok, Thailand local time
4. POSITION TITLE: GDO Development Program Specialist (Budget)
5. MARKET VALUE: THB 962,247 – 1,683,939 per annum equivalent to FSN-10
In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of USAID/RDMA. Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
6. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Five (5) years initial contract.The services provided under this contract are expected to be of a continuing nature that will be executed by USAID through a series of sequential contracts, subject to continued need of the position and availability of funds.
7. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: USAID/RDMA, Bangkok, Thailand
8. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: The successful candidate shall be required to obtain a Security Certification for Employment from Regional Security Office.
9. STATEMENT OF DUTIES
9.1. General Statement of Purpose of the Contract
As a member of the General Development Office (GDO) team based in Bangkok, the Development Program Specialist (Budget) will work closely with RDMA staff and GDO leadership to manage the GDO budget and lead a number of annually required financial planning exercises. S/he will work with GDO program management staff to coordinate efforts to design, manage and track the performance of development activities in the areas of Governance, Conflict, and Economic Growth. The incumbent will use a deep understanding of agency financial planning, program design, monitoring and evaluation, and program management rules, regulations and procedures and will use that understanding to ensure the GDO staff comply and are able to demonstrate achievement of GDO goals and objectives. The incumbent will work as a member of the program support unit along with the Development Assistance Specialist for Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL).
9.2 Statement of Duties to be Performed
A. Procurement Planning and Program Management: 40%
B. Budget and Financial Management Activities: 40%
C. Monitoring, Evaluation, Results Reporting, and Communications: 20%
The contractor is eligible or temporary duty (TDY) travel to the U.S., or to other Missions abroad, to participate in the "Foreign Service National" Fellowship Program, in accordance with USAID policy.
9.3. Supervisory Relationship
The position reports directly to the Deputy Office Director or his/her designate.
9.4. Supervisory Controls
Full supervision of other USAID staff is not contemplated.
10. AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
This position is open to Cooperating Country National (CCN). Thai citizen or other country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent Thai residence is eligible to apply. Please note that USAID is not able to sponsor candidates for a Thai residency permit.
11. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requested does not involve undue physical demands.
12. POINT OF CONTACT: Benjamaporn/RDMA HR Assistant
II. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
1.Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Development Studies, Management, Social Sciences and/or related field.
2. Experience: At least 3 years of professional and progressive experience in the field of budget/financial management, procurement planning and administration, program/project management or coordination, or monitoring and evaluation.
3. Language: Level IV – Fluent in speaking/reading/writing in Thai and English with a valid TOEIC score of 855 is required.
III. EVALUATION AND SELECTION FACTORS
Application Rating System
The application rating system factors are used to determine the competitive ranking of qualified applicants in comparison to other applicants. Applicants must demonstrate the rating factors outlined below within their application and/or resume, as they are evaluated strictly by the information provided. The rating factors are as follows:
1. Experience (35 points)
Additional points will be given for experience with international development organizations, for experience beyond the minimum three years, for specialized experience in budgeting for development assistance projects and/or programs, and/or specialized experience in project management or project coordination for development assistance projects/programs.
2. Knowledge (35 points): Demonstrated understanding of how to plan, track and manage financial, budget and procurement needs of an operation unit for a development agency is required. Demonstrated good knowledge and understanding of the concepts, principles, techniques and practices of development programming and project assistance.
3. Skills and Abilities (30 points)
Total Application Rating: 100
Recruitment Test: 100
Interview Performance: 100
Total Possible Points: 300
To be considered for candidacy, applicants must address each criterion in their application as to how they meet the minimum qualifications required for the position mentioned in Section II, Item 1-2. If the application submitted fails to demonstrate eligibility, the application will be marked unqualified. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide all pertinent information.
Applications will be initially screened and scored for eligibility in accordance with the evaluation factors and points mentioned in Section III, item 1-3. Top-ranked candidates who meet the minimum qualification will be given a recruitment test. Applicants with passing marks from the recruitment test and with a valid TOEIC score mentioned in Section III, item 4 will be invited for an interview. Only shortlisted candidates for final interview will be notified of the selection result. The recruitment test and the interview will be structured around the evaluation factors mentioned above. Reference checks will be conducted once the applicant pool is narrowed down to the top candidate(s). References may be obtained independently from other sources in addition to the ones provided by an applicant.
USAID/RDMA reserves the right to select additional candidates if vacancies become available during future phases of the selection process.
IV. TO APPLY
Please follow the check lists and submission guidelines, posted on the official website: https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/jobs/usaid-job-vacancies/ carefully and submit complete application package before the deadline.
Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
Contact : RDMArecruitment@usaid.gov