Position title: Copywriter
Position type: full time, fixed term contract for 12 months
Location: flexible/home-based between GMT +5 to +11
Application closing date: 18 June 2021.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a talented writer and editor to create compelling written content and messaging in support of our climate and energy campaigns in Asia.
In this role, you will:
- Create high-quality written messaging for digital campaigns supporting climate action and clean energy.
- Write and edit long and short-form content including blog posts, articles, landing page and website copy, email content, paid ad content, campaign names and straplines, video scripts, print materials, and more.
- Develop and enforce a written style guide for use across campaigns and projects in Asia and on a global scale.
- Work closely with the graphic designer, senior campaign producer, front-end developer and campaigners and digital marketers to create bold and effective advocacy campaigns.
- Participate in and occasionally lead creative brainstorms with campaigners and other colleagues.
- Project manage content translations when required.
- Support the team with copy editing, SEO editing, and proofreading when required.
- Brief and manage freelance copywriters from time to time when required.
- Cover for the Senior Editor when required.
The role will work with a team of campaign strategists, producers, and marketers based across Southeast and East Asia, and reports to the Senior Campaigns Producer. It’s a new role, and part of a growing team, so there’s plenty of scope to make this your own from the ground up.
- 3-5 years’ professional experience as a writer or editor, preferably a non-profit or agency environment.
- Ability to write about complex environmental problems in clear and concise language.
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of one or more languages in Southeast and EastAsia would be a plus.
- The ability to be creative and imaginative during brainstorming sessions, and also write accurate, concise, and grammatically correct content for online and print media.
- Demonstrated understanding of writing for social and digital channels, including creating multiple versions for AB testing, calls to action, and writing for different stages of a marketing funnel.
- Familiarity with SEO principles, including the ability to plan and optimize content for search engines.
- Able to work across multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Understanding of how effective digital communications and messaging can be used to support social change campaigns.
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience in project management would be a plus.
- A genuine interest in using your skills to help stop the climate crisis.
Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of one or more in Bengali, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mandarin, Thai, or Vietnamese would be an advantage but not essential for this role. Please note this is a home-based position. We are not able to offer sponsorship for a business visa or work permit at this time.
To apply for this role, please submit your details via the Cuttlefish Digital website: https://cuttlefishdigital.co/careers/copywriter/
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerล่าม , นักแปรภาษา / Translator