Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist, Sustainable Fish Asia Technical Support (SuFiA TS) Activity
RTI is seeking a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist for a four-year, USAID-funded, Sustainable Fish Asia Technical Support (SuFiA TS) Program. The goal of this program is to improve the management of marine biodiversity and fisheries resources in the Indo-Pacific region by reducing unsustainable fishing and illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing. This position will likely be based in Bangkok, Thailand but other locations will be considered including in the focus countries of Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Brunei Darussalam, Solomon Islands, Timor Leste, and Vietnam.
The program will have three primary areas of activity: (1) regional sustainable fisheries policies, standards, and regulatory frameworks adopted and implemented; (2) adoption of fair labor and sustainable fishing practices by fishery businesses increased; and (3) project coordination, administrative and technical support, and outreach and communications.
The MEL Specialist position will report to the Program Chief of Party (COP) and will lead on all MEL related activities, analysis, and reporting. The MEL Specialist will also be charged with creating publications and other outreach products that contribute to regional sector learning and telling the story of the SuFiA TA program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead workshops and planning sessions during program start-up to create work and performance plans – including the program theory of change and performance indicators and targets
- Identify and guide priority benchmarking assessments that will inform future program activity design and contribute to the SuFiA TS MEL process
- Oversee all MEL efforts under this project including tracking indicators as defined in the project’s approved MEL Plan, and ensuring there is proper documentation to support it
- Initiate development of all SuFiA quarterly and annual performance reports
- Facilitate annual reviews of problem analysis, theory of change, work planning and learning activities
- Conduct periodic data quality analysis to ensure both the efficiency and accuracy of MEL processes
- Manage MEL consultants and staff that contribute to overall objectives of the program
- Coordinate and provide quality control in developing all required USAID programming documents such as the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI), and Gender and Inclusive Development Action Plan (GIDAP), and any other cross-cutting issues that may emerge
- Support knowledge management and learning product creation and accessibility
- An advanced degree from an accredited institution in international development, economics, statistics, research methods, political science, public policy, social science, or a related field
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience at mid to senior –level or equivalent work experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for development projects which include Theory of Change and logic model development, indicators selection, designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and reports preparation.
- S/he must have strong facilitation experience to facilitate problem analysis, TOC development, annual review, work planning, and learning activities.
- Experience in integrating gender and social inclusion contexts into monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities.
- At least five years of supervisory or management work experience including (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff, (2) evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and (3) contract management.
- Preference to candidates with experience designing and delivering MEL for sustainable fishing activities
- Must have English language reading and writing fluency
To apply, please upload your resume to RTI Careers. RTI offers competitive compensation and benefits and robust home office project support. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via HRethics@rti.org. Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.
Deadline August 13, 2021
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator