The Senior Program Officer (SPO) will provide critical technical and program management oversight to the DOS COVID-19 Private Sector Engagement & Partnership (PSEP) project to ensure timely and quality delivery of project deliverables as per approved workplan. The position will also be responsible for providing support to the DOS PSEP project team on efficient operations, the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluations plan, strengthening engagement of private sector, and ensuring full compliance with the funder’s rules and regulations. The SPO will be based in Bangkok, Thailand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide operations, management, financial and administrative support to the Chief of Party and sub-partners for quality delivery of the Activity, in compliance with organizational and donor requirements
- Gather, interpret, and present/display and use complex data to identify meaningful trends and opportunities and to provide needed inputs for project success
- Provide award management support to ensure that FHI 360 meets the requirements of the Project, including monitoring and submission of all deliverables according to the set timeframe as well as reviewing and coordinating the development and submission of financial and progress reports to the donor and other key stakeholders, as required
- Contribute to the development and production of workplans; monitoring and evaluation plans and data tools and processes; and budgets and reports. Track schedule of deliverables and monitoring data and coordinate with other units to deliver program results
- In collaboration with other team members, develop analysis protocols and data collection tools, conduct market and situation analyses, develop presentation decks for various audiences, and produce strategy documents (e.g., marketing and communication strategies)
- Serve as a key liaison with both internal and external stakeholders, coordinating meetings, tracking progress of their contributions to project outcomes, and troubleshooting, as needed.
- Contribute to the development and utilization of target reporting tools, reviewing for consistency and accuracy of information in annual work plans, budgets, semi-annual and annual reports, as well as coordinating with Technical Unit for inputs on targets reviews
- As needed, serve as a primary FHI 360 customer relationship management point of contact with private companies engaged in the project
- Respond to a variety of programmatic, financial, administrative and coordination needs, and requirements generated from donors, sub partners, FHI 360 Asia Pacific Regional Office and headquarters
- In collaboration with FHI 360’s partnerships team, assist in the due diligence processes related to private sector partners, including research, and managing a private sector partnerships database
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow and structure the work of staff members.
- Experience in working with country programs funded by the US government or other international donors.
- Knowledge of development programs (public health, international development, and/or economic strengthening) in the ASEAN region
- Knowledge of the private sector and how it can be engaged in the achievement of development impacts
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political issues in the ASEAN region
- Ability to travel at short notice.
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS:
- Routine coordination with FHI 360 employees, sub partner, and consultants, and resolve problem situations with tact
- Represent, as assigned, the DOS Private Sector Engagement Project’s activities
- Interact with sub-partners, and FHI 360 colleagues working on DOS Private Sector Engagement Project
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Usual office working conditions; ability to travel as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, public health, social sciences, management, or public administration or related field; Master’s degree in public health or business administration preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with international development programs and or business consulting
- Able to think critically, carry out in-depth market and/or situational analyses, and synthesize and present (oral and written) present results in a thoughtful manner
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, sound judgment, and ability to influence peers and others
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage tasks and people to deliver quality results
- Management experience with US government or other donor agency programs desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; additional fluency in an
ASEAN language preferred
- Relevant computer software skills, especially MS programs
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click HERE to apply via FHI 360's Career Portal .
** We are accepting applications via FHI 360's Career Portal only **
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
email@example.com / Tel: 02 2635273
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant