Job Vacancy Announcement
M-Fund Program Officer
Work location: Phop Phra district, Tak province, Thailand.
Application deadline: 25 November 2018
Job start: As soon as possible after application deadline
Dreamlopments Ltd (DLP), registered in Thailand since 2015, is a social enterprise, a non-profit mission-driven company working on aid and development for underserved communities. Dreamlopments is running in Tak province the Migrant Fund (M-Fund), a project of low-cost not-for-profit health insurance for migrants. The project started in August 2017, and is currently in a phase of scale-up in the project area.
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Program Officer (PO) to support Program activities for scaling up of the M-FUND project.
The PO is a crucial member of the M-Fund team. He/she works directly with, and reports to, the M-Fund Project Manager. He/she also works closely with other M-Fund Officers, Community Workers and Volunteers, healthcare services providers and other partners, government offices, and M-Fund beneficiaries as needed. The overall responsibilities of the PO are to support community workers (CW), promote and disseminate M-Fund information, coordinate with hospital officials, communicate with organizations and local authorities, identify new communities and local community volunteers (CV) to expend project areas and basic administrative management and reporting of M-Fund activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Supervise and mentor Community Workers (CW)
- Support community workers to identify and explore development of activities in new communities.
- Closely work with CWs to follow up existing M-Fund members’ health accessibility to M-Fund partner hospitals and collecting membership fees.
- Collect membership fees from CW and manage data in M-Fund platform.
- Conduct regular field based visits to coordinate work plan/daily activities among all CWs and identify challenges to find support system and mitigation plan.
- Regular input to CWs about overall picture of catchment area membership situation (new enrollment, member overdue, expired cases) to support continuation of existing members, and drive expansion.
- Participate to recruitment and training of Community Workers and Community Relays.
Promote and disseminate M-Fund information
- Identify locally appropriate information dissemination networks and appropriate opportunities to promote M-Fund information and activities.
- Contribute photos, success stories, activities to the Admin Officer for social media.
- Coordinate with local authorities and employers to inform about benefits of M-Fund and facilitate new enrollment.
- Close coordination with M-Fund Manager and Officers on project implementation and monitoring.
- Be part of M-Fund meetings, trainings and workshops.
- Coordinate and regularly communicate with hospital officials to build strong trust and effective collaboration.
- Organize quarterly meetings with partner hospitals, SMRU clinics and M-Fund staff to update policies, share lessons learned, introduce new strategies as needed.
Administration and Documentation
- Record regular meeting minutes.
- Maintain and organize M-Fund documentation.
- Support CW and CV for day to day problem solving and activities.
- Work on other administrative and logistic tasks, as directed by the Manager.
This position is for Thai nationals only.
- Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Community Development, Business Administration or related fields.
- At least 3-year experience in positions of Project Assistant or Program Officer (or equivalent).
- Prior experience working with Government Hospitals and Offices, Community Based Organizations, NGOs and donor-funded projects a strong plus.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of community project implementation.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent Thai and good command of English. Knowledge of Burmese and or Kayin language a strong plus.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks and manage demanding schedules to deliver high quality results on time.
- Good proficiency in computer software, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Service minded, flexible approach to working hours.
- Interest in development and assistance projects, including for marginalized populations.
- The position is based in Phop Phra district, Tak province, and may require some travel to implementing partner sites in Mae Sot, Mae Ra Ma and Myanmar.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter & up to date CV in English to:
Dreamlopments is an equal opportunity employer
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerระดมทุน / Fundraising