Occupational Therapist – 3rd Announcement
Position: Occupational Therapist / Rehabilitation Project Officer (1 open position)
Handicap International (HI) which run its programs under the operating name Humanity & Inclusion seeks an “Occupational Therapist” for its Thailand Program based in Mae Sot, Tak province, with frequent travel to 3 temporary shelters (camps) in Tak province and 2 camps in Mae Hong Son province.
Closing date: 14th December, 2018
HI reserves the right to not accept applications submitted after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for testing and an interview.
Projects implemented alongside the Thailand – Myanmar border were initially enrooted into the Cambodia & Thailand Regional Program Strategy. As from 2016, Thailand projects are framed in the Myanmar and Thailand Regional Program.
The strategy aims at working in temporary shelters alongside people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Five fields of actions have been identified for action: i) prevention through early detection and early intervention; ii) access to specific rehabilitation and occupational services as well access to prosthetics and assistive devices, iii) inclusion & empowerment; IV) specific support to children with disabilities and their parents; V) prevention through Mine Risk Education activities.
Four projects are currently rolled out alongside Thailand - Myanmar border:
- Rehabilitation (Rehab) implemented through provision of physiotherapy and occupational services, prosthetics and assistive devices production and, early detection by training the medical staff. It has been implemented in 3 camps in Tak and 2 camps in Mae Hong Son province.
- Disability and Social Inclusion (DSI) with Livelihood opportunities in 3 camps of Tak province and 2 camps in Mae Hong Son province.
- Growing Together (GT) for children with disabilities and other vulnerable children in in 3 camps of Tak province and 4 camps in Mae Hong Son province.
- Landmines/ERW risk education (MRE) in the nine camps along the border.
All projects implemented alongside Thailand-Burmese border are enrooted into the Myanmar & Thailand Regional Program Strategy for the period 2018-2020.
All projects are managed by designated manager coached by the Operational Manager / Site Admin. Coordinator and Country Manager in Thailand. Thailand mission is supported by the Regional team in Yangon for all issues related to logistic, administration, finance and accountancy as well as by the South-East Asia Regional Logistics Advisor who make regular visits to Thai mission.
Rehabilitation Project Officer/ Occupational therapist (OT), under the supervision of the Rehabilitation Project Manager is responsible for implementing and managing rehabilitation project activities in Mae La, Umpiem, Nupo, Mae La Oon and Mae Ra Ma Luang camp and enhancing capacities of Rehabilitation Camp Based Staff (CBS) to ensure the quality of Occupational therapy services.
He/she will support the Rehabilitation Project Manager in ensuring a smooth running of the Rehabilitation project in its different dimensions: planning, implementation, CBS capacity building, supervision and monitoring, reporting, etc.
Responsibility 1: Plan, monitor, implement the Rehabilitation activities and ensure care quality
Aim: Ensure the activities are implemented on time with the clinical quality of services
Benchmarks: Qualitive community rehabilitation services have been provided to clients with effective plan, case managing, monitoring and implementing activities
- Assist the Rehabilitation project manager in formulation and development of the project planning document, Planification Action Project,
- Contribute towards the development of BBP plan of action toward short, mid and long-term strategy for the sector,
- Produce monthly work plan based on project planning and report achievements during weekly team meeting,
- Support the Rehabilitation project manager in determining appropriate methodology to be used in the project,
- Remain overall responsible at the field level for the proper implementation of the Rehabilitation project objectives,
- Contribute to the identification of the tools needed for implementing the project activities and to their development, review and adjustment,
- Support the Rehabilitation project manager in developing a participatory monitoring and evaluation (PME) framework, methodology and related tools,
- Support the Rehabilitation Project Manager identifying and mobilizing any technical or documentary resources or additional skills for guaranteeing the quality of the project,
- Prepare the purchase requests and ensures that supplies/ material/ equipment needed in the camp Rehabilitation activities are sufficiently available for the smooth implementation,
- Participate to the recruitment process for the camp staffs under his/her responsibility and train them,
- Collect of field level Rehabilitation project data’s, check its reliability, compile into monitoring tools and use the data to analyze the performance of project’s activities and provide recommendations,
- At the field level initiate and facilitate exchanges and linkages across the different projects,
- Input into monthly team meeting,
- Report to his/her line manager.
Responsibility 2: Empower, build capacity and coach camp staffs, community staff and health worker for other agencies for Rehabilitation activities.
Aim: Build capacity of community rehabilitation staff to be able to provide the quality of community rehabilitation services.
Benchmarks: camp-based staff is able to provide community rehabilitation services with appropriate technique, safe, with respect the clinical criteria and intervention.
- Carry out the training need analysis of the Rehabilitation camp team,
- Develop appropriate training materials and tools to be implemented at the camp in collaboration with the project manager,
- Build the capacity and coach of the community Rehabilitation camp staffs,
- Carry out assessment of his/her team members as per the guidelines,
- Provide complementary training (health workers- medics /nurses) to strengthen project intervention and increase in clientage through appropriate referral mechanism,
- Identify partners’ needs for capacity building,
- Contribute to the development and implementation of capacity building response,
- Identify potential stakeholders with whom partnership can be developed in Rehabilitation activities, maintain the networks and working relations with the stakeholders/partners at the field level in order to strengthen the HI current actions.
Responsibility 3: Ensure communication, networking and coordination at field level for Rehabilitation activities
Aim: Under the supervision of his/her line manager, ensure implementation of good practices and good communication
Benchmarks: the project service is involved in mainstream camp health care system, moreover partners, camp authority and camp committee recognize HI and rehabilitation activities
- Ensure that the internal regulations, operating procedures and security rules are applied within his/her team at the field level,
- Responsible for good internal communications, maintain good team spirits and the efficient circulation of information among the camp staff, and the partners,
- Communicate the Rehabilitation project achievements and contribute at the regular BBP coordination meeting, and other coordination meetings with the project team,
- Link with the Human Resource Manager to obtain permission from local authorities for persons and materials to enter the camps when required,
- Enhance HI’s visibility in the refugees’ camp network, and NGOs,
- Create relationship between hospital and CBOs outside camp,
- Organize events around Rehabilitation activities and use movie with local group for mass awareness,
- Organize group discussion with different target group for information exchange on thematic issue about Rehabilitation,
- Develop regular monthly and statistical data’s as per the guidelines and requirement of the Rehabilitation project,
- Ensure that the Rehabilitation PM is regularly informed and reported about concerns or difficulties faced at the field level,
- Contribute to the analytical report on the pilot activities with achieved results, constraints and recommendations based on lessons learned with work plan for future action,
- Input into the identification and analysis of the Rehabilitation project good practice.
Education: At least Bachelor degree in Occupational Therapy.
Other Knowledge and skills:
- Minimum of 1 year practical experience working with NGO's or grass root organizations implementing activities.
- Working experience in refugee context.
- Practical experience in working with vulnerable groups, especially people with disability.
- Experience in conducting trainings (material development, training facilitation) and on-the-job capacity building of community volunteers.
- Active listening, sense of negotiation, self-initiative, intellectual flexibility, adaptation skills, communication skills, ability to create team spirit and to support team building, autonomy in work and experience in accompanying a team and finding practical solutions.
- Remuneration: Starting from 26,778Baht depending on the experience of the candidate - Attractive package with possibility of transportation/ accommodation allowance.
- We offer also: nice working environment such as 15 days of annual leave, 5 working days office closure in December, 15 days of public holidays, 5 days special leave for family event, Social Security Fund, Group life insurance, group health & accident insurance for employee and family members, phone - card credit, bonus, seniority of 2% after the 1st year of employment and training possibilities.
- Start preferably: 31st January, 2019
- Duration: Fixed Duration contract (1 year), renewable
HOW TO APPLY:
- In the subject line of the email please write “Occupational Therapist”
- IMPORTANT: In the content of the CV please outline responsibilities and tasks from previous & current work, volunteer experiences and training received.
- Please send all applications (cover letter, CV, copy of Thai ID card & passport, educational certificate, training certificate) to: firstname.lastname@example.org (CC: email@example.com)
Only candidates who passed the administrative selection will be taken into consideration for a technical assessment and will be afterwards notified of the final decision. Selected applicants may be invited for an interview.
HI reserves the right to contact the applicants for further information before the final selection of the selection committee.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer.
People with Disabilities, women and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will be expecting to comply with HI’s Prevention of abuse and safeguarding policies, namely Child Protection and Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse.
ผู้ช่วย / Assistant