Research Nurse (Transgender Health) = 1 position
Report to: Program Manager (Transgender Health)
Prevention was established by the Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center (TRCARC) with the aim to conduct research on effective prevention of HIV/AIDS and related diseases and to develop efficient HIV/AIDS prevention and management strategies for key populations at national and international levels.
PREVENTION was first established as “Special Activity Group” in 2003 with the mission to conduct research on the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTC). With expansion of its scope, the group was renamed “Prevention Unit” in 2014 to reflect its central role and key focus in HIV prevention research.
Role Overview: The main purpose of this position is to work as a research nurse on HIV and other health-related implementation research project for transgender populations being conducted at Tangerine Community Health Center, Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre. The research nurse will be responsible for enrolling study participants, obtaining informed consent, completing study procedures, collecting study samples, data and entering data to the system. The research nurse will also manage follow-up appointments and understand all aspects of study, study protocols and good clinical practice.
Core Accountability & Responsibility:
1. Provide HIV counseling and other health services to transgender clients and their partners at the Tangerine Community Health Center
2. Support research studies
3. Data collection and management
4. Develop standard of procedures (SOPs)
5. Providing technical assistance to community-based organizations (CBOs) and other partners as requested
6. To manage medical supply inventory for Tangerine Community Health Center
7. To support Anonymous clinic as requested such as medical procedure, vaccine injection, and sexual transmitted infections treatment
8. Other assignments of supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Bachelor degree of nursing science
2. Minimum 3 years of clinical experience or research experience
3. Experience in working with HIV and key populations projects preferred
4. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications and relevant computer software skills
5. Good written and oral communications skills in English and Thai
6. Good understanding and sensitivity to gender diversity, people living with HIV and other vulnerable populations as well as understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV and AIDS
7. Compliant to infection control, health, and safety policy and practices
8. Ability to perform with minimal supervision and ability to manage workload under pressure
9. Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS and STI Prevention
Please send your cover letter, CV and expected salary to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need any further information, please contact us via e-mail or phone:
02 252 9958 or visit our website at www.prevention-trcarc.org. Application Deadline: 30 September 2019 Only short-list candidates will be notified.
Contact : email@example.com