Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Human Resources Clerk
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification: General Service Staff (G3,THB 49,198.25 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Contract,
6 months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 16 December 2019
Reference Code : SVN063/2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the general supervision of Resources Management Officer and under the direct supervision of the Head of Human Resources, the incumbent will assist the Head of Human Resources in the following tasks and responsibilities:
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Particularly, he/she will carry out the following duties:
- Maintain orderly personnel files of staff, documents, materials, and records in HR unit (electronic and hard copies).
- Ensure the issuance and renewal of IOM ID badges, building passes for staff and non-staff members, if applicable.
- Assist in reviewing and maintaining a record of incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Reports and Certifications
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of HR-related reports for submission.
- Assist in issuance of certification of employment letters and other related documents for staff members upon their request.
- Assist in the recruitment process (pre-interview phase, interview phase and post-interview phase) which covering the areas of post-circulate vacancy announcement, administer tests, interview arrangements, send out messages to candidates, carry out reference check, ensure complete documentation, etc.
- Assist in organizing training activities, including preparation of training materials and coordination.
- Track training activities.
- Personnel Actions and Time Management
- Assist in the issuance/renew all hourly contracts, daily contracts, and escort contracts based in Thailand; keep systematic recording of such issuance.
- Assist in monitoring of staff attendance.
- Assist in processing all purchase requisitions and payment requests.
- Assist in making payments.
- Serve as backup of HR team in their absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in HR or administrative support
- Discreet, details-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things
- Team-work oriented, capacity to work independently; sensitive to gender issues, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, experience in working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels
- Proficiency in MS office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, Email, Outlook
Fluency in English and Thai.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications along with a duly completed IOM Personal History Form to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16, 2019 at the latest. The form can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/sites/default/files/Recruitment/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls Kindly indicate the reference code SVN063/2019 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 02.12.2019 to 16.12.2019
Contact : email@example.com
ทรัพยากรณ์มนุษย์ / Human resources