Prevention was established by the Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center (TRCARC) with the aim to conduct research on effective prevention of HIV/AIDS and related diseases and to develop efficient HIV/AIDS prevention and management strategies for key populations at national and international levels.
PREVENTION was first established as “Special Activity Group” in 2003 with the mission to conduct research on the prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTC). With expansion of its scope, the group was renamed “Prevention Unit” in 2014 to reflect its central role and key focus in HIV prevention research.
Role Overview: The Pharmacist Assistant is responsible for the preparation and accountability for medications dispensed to clients in services and subjects in research trials. The highest degree of accuracy and attention to detail is expected of this position. Additionally, the assistant pharmacy is responsible for management of drug and supply inventories and periodic reordering to ensure medications are available when required; compliance with regulations, policies and study protocols. Other key accountabilities include but are not limited to: assisting visitors, services clients, research personnel and study participants; active participation in and assistance with audits and inspections; compliance with departmental and institutional policies; and collaboration and cooperation with other members of the study team as needed.
Core Accountability & Responsibility:
1. Gather and enter client information and doctors' prescriptions in computer systems
2. Assess prescriptions for completeness
3. Prepare, package and prescription medications after a pharmacist has decided on the appropriateness of therapy
4. Compound non-sterile pharmaceutical products
5. Maintain prescription and inventory record keeping systems
6. Maintain proper drug storage and security
7. Place and receive orders for stock to maintain inventory
8. Help customers find non-prescription items
9. Provide clients with non-drug product information
10. Accept payment for prescriptions
11. Prepare and settle third party insurance claims and records
12. Participate in health promotion (for example, disease management screening and consultation clinics)
13. Price, stock and mark items for sale
Qualifications and Experience
1. Thai citizen only
2. Most pharmacy aides receive informal on-the-job training, but employers favour those with at least a bachelor's degree
3. Minimum of 1-year pharmacy assist working experience, investigation preferred but not required
4. Strong customer service and communication skills and experience managing inventories and using a computer.
5. Strong spelling, reading, and mathematics skills.
6. Successful IHRI pharmacy assist are organized, dedicated, friendly, and responsible
7. Ability to remain calm and handle emergencies
8. Ability to pay close attention to detail
9. Willingness to keep up to date with new products and practice
Please send your cover letter, CV and expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need any further information, please contact us via e-mail or phone:
02 252 9958 or visit our website at www.prevention-trcarc.org. Application Deadline: 16 February 2020 Only short-list candidates will be notified.
Contact : email@example.com