We are looking for
Logistics Country Manager
Based in Bangkok
The ICRC regional delegation in Bangkok provides assistance to victims of violence and works with authorities in order to improve the conditions in detention facilities. It is covering operations in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. It also endeavors to promote and to strengthen humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Logistics Country Manager coordinates and is responsible for all logistics activities within a country. S/he ensures that logistics systems are in place and operational and provides technical and operational support in accordance with ICRC logistics standards. S/he ensures appropriate planning and effective use of resources in the country and serves as the main link between logistics staff, the regional logistics positions and the logistics teams in the field.
The LCM further is responsible for all logistics activities in Laos and Vietnam. S/he is able to understand and to participate in different strategies in order to provide appropriate logistics support and to support logistics development globally. That includes strategies that will follow the regional aspirations.
Your main responsibilities:
- Oversees and supervise logistics day-to-day activity
- Leads a team of logistics staff members
- Supervises on specific aspects of logistics for Pattani, Chiang Mai, Vientiane offices and the mission in Vietnam.
- Acts as a focal point for Vientiane Office and Vietnam mission for the supply and procurement of goods in support of their operational and administrative needs
- Administrates Bangkok Delegation and handles requests from the offices in Laos and the mission in Vietnam in the system according to the financial rules of each delegation, mission, office
- Ensures maximum availability and implement control mechanisms for all logistical assets (vehicles, generator)
- Assists in arranging and executing customs clearances and transit/forwarding of incoming and outgoing shipments for Bangkok Delegation, Laos and Vietnam mission,
- Assists in transportation management, control and supervision of drivers
- Follows, approves and supervises the entire supply chain for all activities including service contracts
- Provides full support on specific aspect of logistics to client/department at all time independently.
- Replaces any staff members under her supervision in his/her absence
- Is available for short support missions in the region when required
- Acts as a relay in the organization of logistics meetings in Thailand and makes sure that they can be carried out efficiently
- Participates in delegation’s internal meetings and represents the Logistics Unit
- Ensures that the rules and regulations set by the compliance are followed and understood by her team she supervises. Raise the awareness to other colleagues and customers if any request or procedure is not compliant with rules and regulations set.
- Supervises the international logistics transport officer function within the Bangkok logistics team and liaises with the different blue lines of this position as well if necessary with the transport team in Headquarter.
- Ensures that all concerned departments on time informed about any change of logistics procedures, changes on procedures by authorities that may have an impact on their daily work and responsibilities
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
- Understands, adheres and participates actively within the Regional Strategic Framework Asia and Pacific
- Understands, adheres, participates and supports actively the Global ICRC Logistics Strategy.
- Promotes ICRC logistics and its strategy externally and internally.
- Understands and supports the Delegation as well as the Regional Logistician and if required the counter parts in Geneva on the SMCC (Strengthen Movement Cooperation and Coordination)
- University degree in logistics or administration
- 6 years’ experience in a similar field
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills (Word and Excel), including ICRC standard computer systems
- Team leadership skills
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistics procedures
- Capacity to understand and follow the different frameworks and strategies that concern this position.
- Import, Export, and Warehouse Management skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of the local market
- A unique opportunity to help the victims of violence and rewarding work in unusual situations
- Initial 1-year contract - renewable
- Initial training and on-boarding organized
- Possibilities of working in a fast-paced environment and to help victims
- A competitive salary with benefits
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer