Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Start Date: ASAP
Purpose of Position:
Scholars of Sustenance (SOS) is a locally registered non-profit foundation. Over the past four years, we've successfully proven our food rescue model to fight food waste in Bangkok. We are seeking to expand our operations and we need communications expertise to grow! In the coming year we'll be moving to larger offices, increasing fundraising, taking on much larger projects and completely revamping our look and communications.
Through this growth, the position of Marketing Officer will be essential to ensure all of SOS’s public engagement efforts come from a unified voice that clearly and accurately represents our ethos locally in Thailand and the overall visions of the global organization.
The Marketing Officer will have two major areas of responsibility:
1. Creating and maintaining SOS’s online presence on social media and through articles/publications/videos. Ensuring all aspects of SOS’ language and voice comply with global brand guidelines.
2. Overseeing events, CSR activities, and community workshops.
• Management of social media platforms, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Ensuring that entire team embodies the voice and look of SOS
• Tracking all media and event content in Thai and English
• Regular creation of digital content and graphics
• Regularly appearing at networking events and engagement activities
• Participating in local professional development opportunities
• Connecting potential donors and recipients
• Responding actively to donor, recipient, and team requests
• Reaching out to team members to seek expertise and counsel
• Logging all contacts into a shared drive for admin team and Director of Thailand
• Ensuring all contacts are up to date and engaged appropriately
• Delegating correspondence prior to and following events or sponsorships
• Attracting and engaging potential sponsors or donors
• Maintaining Schedules and Calendars
• Thai National o Fluent Written and Spoken Thai and English, proficient in written Thai. Ability to interpret during meetings
• Bachelor's degree in Communications/Marketing or 2+ years of working experience in related field (i.e. marketing with proven track record)
• Good written and visual abilities with design and layout skills
• Proactive marketeer and storyteller who can generate content and conduct outreach programs to connect with the right target audiences.
• Social Media savvy across multiple platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, web design including Wix, CRM, Microsoft Word Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Extremely outgoing and friendly
• Internal: Local SOS Admin Team, Local SOS Operations/Driving Team
• Board External: Strategic Partners, Corporate Donors, Events Organizers, Financial Donors, Global Board
• 40 hours a week, must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
• 10 days of vacation and 14 public holidays.
• Sick leave with doctor’s proof after 3-day period, up to maximum 30 days.
• Probation period of 90 days.
Negotiable based on experience.
Health coverage after probation period of 90 days.
How to Apply:
• Please submit a current CV/resume
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Due to the urgency to fill this post, interviews may take place prior to the closing date; candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org