Job Title: Health Program Assistant (short-term)
Location: Sangkhlaburi district, Kanchanaburi Province
Overtime Eligible: None
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
IRC is currently looking for a motivated individual who will be responsible for providing efficient, high quality administrative, referral and health information system support to the health program in the IRC Sangkhlaburi office in Kanchanaburi Province. This position will be based in the IRC Sangkhlaburi office under the direct supervision of the Clinical Manager.
• Assist health program staffs with day-to-day administrative requirements and functions such as preparation of purchase requests, support procurement of health supplies and materials, update the health procurement plan, follow-up the lead time and deliverables of equipment and materials, clearing of advances, putting in vehicle requests, etc.
• Serve as the focal person for the health team in liaising with the operations team on all health program administrative matters.
• Provide administrative and clerical support in preparation for, and during health workshops, meetings, and training, etc.
• Perform other administrative duties as required.
• Perform other duties as requested by Health program team and Supervisor
Take care of referral patients and process:
• Assist referrals and follow up patients in terms of facilitating among patients, IRC doctors and hospital staffs for proper communication. Eg. Having or changing an appointment with hospitals
• Submit formal referral request letter to District office and make sure to get approval before the date of referral
• Facilitate all patients and relatives to follow the rules and regulations in referral process
• Register all patients in referral tool system upon arrival at the Thai hospitals
• Ensure that treatment prescribed and instructions from hospital are well communicated with camp medical team properly. If necessary, visit to the camp for supporting referral.
• Organize transport to and from hospital for patients in coordination with IRC Senior/Lead driver.
• In case of hospitalization, assist administrative formalities to both patient and caretaker upon admission and discharge
• Check, analyze and submit payment for monthly bill received from Thai Health Hospitals.
• If required, take night and weekend shifts for emergency referrals according to a planning done by Clinical Manager
• Facilitate to follow the Covid-19 referral SOP and guidelines specified by individual Thai hospitals
• Perform other related tasks and ad hoc activities assigned by supervisors and/or line manager
Assisting Health Information System
• Assist in recording of HIS data in the iRHIS website weekly and make sure the accuracy of entry.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Clinical Manager Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Health program staffs Other Internal and/or external contacts: Thai Hospitals
Education: College/University Diploma (Bachelor degree is an advantage)
Work Experience: Minimum 2 year of working experience in administration and/or operational support role especially in Thai health care setting and a refugee setting or in developing country is plus
• Demonstrated experience in administration and/or operational support role
• Ability to work well in a team
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to respond quickly to program needs
• Good communication skills: verbal and written
• Good time management skills
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Experience in working with NGO is an advantage
Language and computer skills:
• Computer literate, able to develop presentations and spreadsheets
• Fluency in English and Thai (Sagaw Karen or Burmese is a plus)
If you are interested, please apply via link below.
Contact : +66 (0) 2 253 6519-27 Ext 336