JOB TITLE: Senior Finance Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Thailand Programme
LOCATION: Mae Sot Field Office
Responsible for the day-to-day and monthly accounting, supporting to partner and work with budget management and in the administration of the Finance Function for Mae Sot Field Office.
And working alongside Finance Manager, the Senior Finance Officer will process that accounting practice is performed and ensuring timely accomplishment of financial requirements and services to donors, SCI policies and procedures.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Field Coordinator (in coordination with Senior Finance and IT Manager)
Staff reporting to this post: Finance Assistant (Mae Sot)
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Bank and Cash management:
- Ensuring there is sufficient cash for operational and security proposes and monitor bank balance of SCI Field Office
- Verify monthly bank reconciliation for SCI Field Office
- Complete full process of bank management for SCI Country Office according to SCI policy
- Ensuring all cash and bank document (Reconciliation, Bank Statement, Cash Count, etc.) are filed.
- Review requisition/cash vouchers (against budget, coding, authority, policy, supporting docs, accuracy) and process payment
- Support for review country cash request and ensure cash management for daily activities according to SCI policy
- Coordinated with budget holders to consolidate information on their activities plan for the month
- Ensuring weekly cash count are conducted
- Liaise with banks and provide support in all matters related to SCI Country Office
- Maintain and support for changing bank signatories and provide an induction to the new bank signatures
- Review the monthly withholding tax forms (PNG. 1, 3, 53 and 54) and submit to Finance Country Office for report to the revenue department to meet the monthly deadlines
- Manage for audit in the field office as requested
- Pay and record for staff benefits before month-end
- Ensure all transactions are recorded into the Agresso and submit documents to country office for posting
- Review accrual/prepayment that supporting documents are sufficient
- Prepare and submit month-end checklist to Senior Field Coordinator for approval
- Provide details of other balance sheet items required for monthly financial review (e.g. outstanding program advance)
- Review field office share cost and premise cost and adjust when necessary
- Support budget holders monitor their budget
- Providing technical comment on budget monitoring during PPRM (Project Progress Review Meeting)
- Support budget holder in all of the budget preparation work
- Provide information, training to all newly appoint/assign budget holder on budget management and planning and budgeting system
- Prepare monthly Budget vs Actual (BVA) and flag out risk areas to Finance Coordinator for reviewing
- Assist Finance Coordinator on the country budget plan process (Master Budget/Forecast)
- Conduct partnership financial assessment
- Review partner financial report and supporting document and provide feedback
- Support and advise partners to understand reporting requirements and donor regulations regarding financial management
- Liaise with partners to ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of partner financial reports
- Provide finance capacity building to partners as requested
- Visit the partners monthly and provide financial, technical supports to staff
- Prepare donor financial report, and coordinate with budget holder providing variance analysis for projects based at Mae Sot field office
- Work with country finance team preparing financial information and document when a request from donors
- Assisting on the auditing process as required
- Coordinate with IT service provider to support basic troubleshooting and IT system
- Provide finance induction/refresh to all staffs in Filed Office
- Provide finance update, finance policy and finance requirement change
- Further responsibilities, tasks and competencies will be adjusted based on organizational developments.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
- Thai National
- At least 3 - 5 years experience in a finance assistant post
- Experience of working with international NGOs
- The ability to speak, read and write in Thai and English as working languages
- Proficiency in computer use with various software packages
- Excellent communication skills
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 3 years experiences in accounting
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related field all required
- Familiarity with accounting package
- Experience in preparing for withholding tax forms (PNG.1, 3, 53 and 54)
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft office, outlook, word, excel and power point
- Good interpersonal skills
Additional Job Responsibilities
Carry out other tasks as requested by Field Coordinator and Senior Finance and IT Manager, work closely with partners related to finance.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding Our Staff
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Anti-Harassment Policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
02 684 1286 - 8 ext: 608
การเงิน / Financierเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer