Position Title: Human Resources Assistant
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Reports to: JRS Thailand HR Officer
Starting date: Immediate
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an International Catholic agency with a mission to accompany, serve and defend the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. It is offering direct assistance to camp and urban refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons and conflict-affected communities. The style of service is direct and personal, working in situations of greatest need, seeking the long-term well-being of forcibly displaced persons, while not neglecting their immediate or urgent needs. In Asia Pacific, JRS work is present in 8 countries including Australia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
In Thailand, JRS currently implements four projects spread throughout camp and urban areas serving refugees, asylum seekers and forcibly displaced persons. JRS Thailand has field offices in Bangkok and Mae Hong Son. The main areas of work include education, psychosocial services, livelihoods, peace and reconciliation and advocacy. For more information about JRS in Asia Pacific and Thailand, visit: http://www.jrsap.org.
Overall Position Purpose:
The Human Resources Assistant will provide administrative and operational assistance to the Human Resources Officer in ensuring consistency and uniformity in the implementation of human resources policies and guidelines, and promoting the welfare of JRS staff in Thailand.
• Assists the HR Officer in providing HR services to JRS staff in Thailand
• Participates in the recruitment and selection activities including preparation of related HR documents, circulation and posting of vacancy announcements, monitoring the receipt of applications, preparation of documentation and arrangements for interview and selection
• Coordinates staff onboarding activities including liaising with departments and following up on activities;
• Assists with personnel administration by assembling and preparing necessary documentation, including the preparation of contracts for temporary staff and internships
• Assists in the preparation and update of HR-related information and statistics
• Provides accurate and appropriate response to HR queries, follow up on information related to contracts, recruitment, security and safety and HR matters
• Assist with monthly payroll related activities (annual leave, sick leave) in accordance to local labour law.
• Assist to buy the ticket to staff as approval from Regional Director
• Provides administrative support to staff development programmes including registering training needs, organizing trainings, administering and maintaining the budget and preparing reports and statistical analyses
• Provides administrative support to the performance management process including initiating, tracking and monitoring of the various stages of the process
• Assists in the drafting and review of internal policies and guidelines
• Keeps human resources files up to date with accurate employee’s bio data information
• Prepares routine correspondence, administrative documentation, reports and presentations
• Provides support to special projects and activities including conducting information search as requested
• Performs other HR-related tasks as requested by supervisor
Education and Experience
• Diploma and/or degree in Human Resources or related field (organizational development; business administration, etc.) or a specific training, qualification or certification in human resources management;
• At least 2 years of professional experience in a not-for-profit and/or international organization;
• Good knowledge and experience in local employment law, compensation, benefits administration, employee relations, security and safety, staff training and development;
• Previous experience with a faith-based NGO is a significant asset;
• Good understanding of and commitment to humanitarian relief work and international development;
• High degree of discretion, tact and confidentiality in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills;
• Good computer skills, including competence in Excel and familiarity with other databases;
• Good organizational skills and ability to perform multifaceted tasks in addition to day-to-day activities;
• Good analytical skills and sound judgement;
• Successful experience in multicultural and challenging environments.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
• Commitment to JRS mission, vision and values, and the ability to convey with enthusiasm JRS’s role in accompanying and serving forcibly displaced people and in advocating for their right to protection and a life in dignity;
• High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with situations, people and information;
• Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value. Willingness to work in flexible, sub-optimal and multi-cultural environments;
The job may require travel to JRS locations in Thailand.
This position offers a salary package with Medical and Accident group insurance, Life insurance, and other benefits. Interested candidates must apply by sending cover letter and CV (including 3 references) and address how they satisfy the criteria described above.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com by 6 March 2020.
The vacancy is open until position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org