We do not accept application submit via JobsDB.co.th
Please follow the check lists and submission guidelines, posted on the official website: https://th.usembassy.gov/
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. SOLICITATION NO.: 72048620R10024
2. ISSUANCE DATE: March 20, 2020
3. CLOSING DATE/TIME FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS: April 2, 2020/11:59PM Bangkok, Thailand local time
4. POSITION TITLE: REXO Administrative Assistant
5. MARKET VALUE: THB 640,601 – 1,121,058 per annum equivalent to FSN-8
In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of USAID/RDMA. Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
6. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Five (5) years initial contract.The services provided under this contract are expected to be of a continuing nature that will be executed by USAID through a series of sequential contracts, subject to continued need of the position and availability of funds.
7. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: USAID/RDMA, Bangkok, Thailand
8. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: The successful candidate shall be required to obtain a Security Certification for Employment from Regional Security Office.
9. STATEMENT OF DUTIES
9.1. General Statement of Purpose of the Contract
The incumbent serves as the sole Administrative Assistant for the Regional Executive Office (REXO) in USAID/RDMA. The position is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support activities for the REXO to ensure smooth, effective, and efficient operations in the office. The incumbent must understand Mission administrative processes, be capable of training and providing direction to all secretaries in RDMA, thoroughly understand International Cooperative Administrative Support Services (ICASS), procure supplies and services using a General Services Administration (GSA) purchase card holder and in Global Acquisition and Assistance System (GLAAS) serves the role of requestor and processes award close-outs.
9.2 Statement of Duties to be Performed
The incumbent works closely and collaboratively with the Office Director/Deputy Office Director and office staff members in planning, establishing priorities, organizing, and providing a full spectrum of secretarial/administrative/clerical functions within the offices. Successful completion of the incumbent’s administrative support activities directly impacts the smooth, effective and efficient operations within REXO. This is an extraordinarily busy office with frequent interruptions, conflicting demands and at times very demanding customers. Consequently, it requires an individual who can maintain a professional demeanor despite unrealistic demands, at times, of the position. Duties include the following:
A. Regional Executive Office Administration: 35%
- Coordinates with the Procurement Team and the Office of Financial Management to identify requisitions to be funded by Admin Share/Objective 6 funds.
- Serves as USAID’s point of contact for subscriptions to services provided by ICASS staff for RDMA, China, and Laos; reconciles funding codes, ensures accuracy of workload counts, and validates bills and/or corrects billing discrepancies. Prepares memorandum to modify ICASS subscriptions.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Requestor role in GLAAS; completes GLAAS actions for other offices as needed.
- Supports REXO/Procurement for close-out; coordinates de-obligations with the Office of Financial Management; performs close-out actions in GLAAS.
- Holds a GSA purchase card and procures supplies and services under micro purchase threshold; reconciles monthly credit card statements.
- Administers the Parking Policy for RDMA staff working in the non-co-located USAID Office Building; distributes parking passes and attends to parking issues with building management.
- Formats, distributes and maintains RDMA Mission Notices and Mission Orders; updates Mission website with the same. Periodically reviews Mission Notices and Mission Orders to ensure documentation is up-to-date with current regulations and practice.
- Maintains and ensures up-to-date list of Mission visitors on Temporary Duty (TDY) and distributes weekly to those with a need-to-know.
- Provides administrative support to family’s safe-havened in Thailand (travel, voucher processing, entitlements, concerns, general assistance). Backs up the Executive Assistant (C&R) in reading and distributing cable traffic and provides administrative support to other offices and high-level visitors as needed.
- Analyzes REXO’s U.S. Personal Services Contractor (USPSC)’s budget and submits accruals quarterly.
- Provides oversight and supervision for REXO Administrative Assistant, FSN-7. Manages deployment schedule, assigns work and reviews/evaluates the work; provides on-the-job training and technical guidance; ensures office coverage and coordinates deployment schedule with all Mission offices.
B. Secretarial and Office Administration: 35%
- Manages and maintains the Office Director and the Deputy Office Director working calendars. Responds to incoming and outgoing invitation on official function on behalf of the Office Director and Deputy Office Director.
- Receives and screens incoming calls and visitors, determines appropriate level of required response. Makes referrals to appropriate staff or provides requested information.
- Schedules appointments, prepares agenda and meeting arrangements. Ensures office staff members remain cognizant of the date/times of schedules and appointments.
- Reads, screens, and efficiently moves incoming correspondence; maintains document log-in/log-out tracking system for the office; makes preliminary assessment of the importance of materials and organizes documents; handles some matters personally and forwards appropriate mail/materials to office director or other office staff.
- Reviews, proofreads, and edits correspondence/documents which must pass through/from the Office Director and the Deputy Office Director. Ensures correct formatting, punctuation, capitalization, paragraphing, spelling, grammar content, attachments and clearances are in accordance with USAID and/or Mission correspondence protocol.
- Drafts routing documents such as letters, memorandum, cables, and reports in English and ensures documents are in proper format and compliant with USAID specific requirements.
- Maintains official/working files in compliance with Agency-specific File Management guidelines and maintains up-to-date document tracking system to ensure that all data, information and records can be easily accessed. As a File Custodian, incumbent is responsible for the office annual file plan and vital record submission.
- Serves as the Office Timekeeper. Ensures time and attendance data of office staff members are submitted correctly and in a timely manner. Ensures post differential for offshore staff is started and stopped accurately when employee performs international travel. Coordinates with the main Timekeeper in the Office of Financial Management (OFM) to resolve Time and Attendance issues.
- Monitors and requests office supplies and equipment on a regular basis to ensure the adequacy of office supplies and equipment.
- Prepares Procurement Requests (PR) including supporting documents to procure products and/or services for the office; prepares work orders to request repair and/or routine maintenance of equipment.
- Prepares all documentation for reimbursements for office staff for allowances and other official expenses including petty cash reimbursement, public and travel vouchers. Submits vouchers and supporting documentation for approval and payment processing.
- Assists office staff members, short-term contractors, student interns, U.S. summer hire students, and/or TDY employees on matters related to onboarding, check-in and check-out process.
C. Travel Arrangement: 15%
- Prepares travel arrangements, both domestic and international entitlement and official trips for office staff members, including preparing documents, coordinating needful actions for the Travel Authorization (TA) prior to all official travel [security clearance transfer, visa, country clearance (eCC), flight and hotel arrangements, Health and Accident Coverage (HAC) Insurance, car rental, expediter, airport transportation], and communicating with traveler and family members in an event of emergency travel matters.
- Coordinates office travel plan. Prepares and monitors administrative and oversights Open Authorizations budgets for travel.
- Assists travelers – coordinates fund cites between missions, processes visa paperwork, and resolves travel anomalies.
D. Coordination and Other Office Support: 15%
- Serves as an office liaison coordinating information about the Office and making sure that information gets to appropriate staff, internal/external stakeholders on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Maintains contact with the office staff members traveling of official duty. Forwards and/or relays messages and ensures appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Provides administrative assistance in organizing meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops which may include preparing briefing materials and/or packages; reserving rooms; ensuring meeting facility fulfills the requirements and functions effectively; and providing all related logistical support related to conferences and events and participants.
- Supports office on special projects such as file deposition, data entry, and research assistance.
- Provides translation and interpreting services. Sources and recommends translation and interpretation services.
The contractor is eligible for temporary duty (TDY) travel to the U.S., or to other Missions abroad, to participate in the "Foreign Service National" Fellowship Program, in accordance with USAID policy.
9.3. Supervisory Relationship
This position reports to the Engineering Officer or his/her designee.
9.4. Supervisory Controls
The incumbent provides full supervision to REXO Administrative Assistant (FSN-7).
10. AREA OF CONSIDERATION: This position is open to Cooperating Country National (CCN). Thai citizen or other country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent Thai residence is eligible to apply. Please note that USAID is not able to sponsor candidates for a Thai residency permit.
11. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requested does not involve undue physical demands.
12. POINT OF CONTACT: Natthika/RDMA HR Assistant
II. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
1. Education: At least two years of College or University studies is required.
2. Experience: A minimum of 3 years of specific and progressively more responsible experience in the field of secretarial/administrative management is required; at least 2 years must be with the Government, Non-Government Organization (NGO), Donor, or International Organization.
III. EVALUATION AND SELECTION FACTORS
1. Experience (30 points): Experience in the field of secretarial/administrative management is required; at least 2 years must be with the Government, NGO, Donor, or International Organization.
2. Knowledge (30 points): Solid knowledge of secretarial and office administration’s best practice and related clerical functions such as, record management, travel arrangement, procurement, and correspondence management is required. Good knowledge and understanding of host country’s operational environment, such as, culture, transportation and government/non-governmental entities is required.
3.Skills and Abilities (40 Points):
- Ability to deliver a broad range of secretarial and administration functions with high quality while applying critical thinking skills to solve problems is required.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to demonstrate clear, tactful, and effective use of language appropriate to the context of the situation is required.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, identify priorities and readjust as needed, and allocate proper amount of time and resources for each task to completion is required.
- Ability to collaborate with others as a diverse team, placing the team agenda before a personal one, truly valuing others’ inputs, and willing to take shared responsibility is required.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to organize, prioritize, and follow through on all assignments with minimal oversight is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills are required to develop and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with RDMA, internal/external contacts, and consultants in USAID/Washington.
- Must possess excellent knowledge and skills to use computers and office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Google applications.
- Must be able to learn and use Agency specific software related to work area efficiency.
- Must have excellent customer service and strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relating to all areas of REXO matters is required.
4. Language: Level IV – Fluent in speaking/reading/writing in Thai and English with a valid TOEIC score of 855 is required.
To be considered for candidacy, applicants must address each criterion in their application as to how they meet the minimum qualifications required for the position mentioned in Section II, Item 1-2. If the application submitted fails to demonstrate eligibility, the application will be marked unqualified. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide all pertinent information.
Applications will be initially screened and scored for eligibility in accordance with the evaluation factors and points mentioned in Section III, item 1-3. Top-ranked candidates who meet the minimum qualification will be given a recruitment test. Applicants with passing marks from the recruitment test and with a valid TOEIC score mentioned in Section III, item 4 will be invited for an interview. Only shortlisted candidates for final interview will be notified of the selection result. The recruitment test and the interview will be structured around the evaluation factors mentioned above and will be conducted in USAID/RDMA Bangkok, Thailand. Reference checks will be conducted once the applicant pool is narrowed down to the top candidate(s). References may be obtained independently from other sources in addition to the ones provided by an applicant.
USAID/RDMA reserves the right to select additional candidates if vacancies become available during future phases of the selection process.
IV. TO APPLY
Please follow the check lists and submission guidelines, posted on the official website: https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/jobs/usaid-job-vacancies/ carefully and submit complete application package before the deadline.
Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
Contact : RDMArecruitment@usaid.gov
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant