Position: Project and Relationship Manager (Special Assistant to the Chairman)
About the organizations:
The Population and Community Development Association (PDA) was established 46 years ago to address Thailand’s pressing population problem. It has since broadened its operations to include integrated rural development and education. PDA is regarded as one of the country’s leading development organizations.
The Mechai Viravaidya Foundation (MVF) is an offshoot special exploratory development arm of PDA which operates and manages the Mechai Pattana School (as known as the Mechai Bamboo School) in Buriram province. It is a boarding school for underprivileged students from rural areas which include ethnic minority groups and stateless students, including deserving students from Cambodia Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam. The Bamboo School has launched a sizeable development project to help improve the quality of life and income of communities surrounding rural government schools. This “School-Based Integrated Rural Development” (School-BIRD) concept is implemented in 96 schools in partnership with companies and donor organizations. The Bamboo School has been recognized by the United Nations as “One of the most innovative schools in the world” and as a “Center of Excellence in localizing the Sustainable Development Goals at the village level”.
Links to additional information about PDA and the Mechai Bamboo School: http://bit.ly/mechaimedia
The successful candidate will be working closely with Mr. Mechai Viravaidya, the Founder and Chairman of the organizations, as Project and Relationship Manager. The position’s duties include:
- To work closely with the Chairman in all his responsibilities in meeting with local and international guests and partner organizations, including companies and government departments.
- To handle ENGLISH communication with partners and donors.
- To write project documents, proposals, reports and documentation in ENGLISH for meetings with outside partners and donors, including government departments, as well as assisting with general correspondences.
- To be part of a team providing support to the Chairman in delivering the organization’s overall objectives and in following-up on implementation and budgets of organizational projects and programs, including fundraising, by liaising with rural operations teams.
- To travel with team members to project sites in rural Thailand. The applicant must be available to travel to operations in rural schools. A major part of the organization’s tasks is to address the needs and operations of to the Mechai Bamboo School.
- To be able to work out of office hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role and meet the organization’s needs.
- To respect the contribution of every individual and work positively in an equal opportunity and diverse team.
- Educated to a degree or equivalent
- Good English language skills (spoken and written)
- Good IT Skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a diverse team within different levels of the organization. Must be able to communicate comfortably and effectively with senior management, project operation teams and external partners effectively and skillfully.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change
- Ability to produce minutes of meetings and draft / edit written documents and correspondence independently. Able to compose correspondence, prepare PowerPoint presentations and proof major documents.
- Ability to retrieve information from relevant sources through research
- To be able to work out of office hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role and meet the organization’s needs
- Commit to withhold the integrity, standards and values of the organization. Must possess strong work ethics and cultural sensitivity.
- Thai language skills
- Business skills
- Experience of providing coordination and administrative support
- Experience working in the NGO / development / business / education sectors
- Knowledge of key issues in rural development
- Knowledge of key issues in education
Application deadline: 5th April 2020 (early submission of applications are encouraged)
If you would like to apply: Please send your Cover Letter and CV to the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact : email@example.com
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager