A THAI TEACHER
COERR FOUNDATION or Catholic Office for Emergency Relief and Refugees (COERR), a Thai NGO under the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Thailand (CBCT) was established in 1978 for the purpose of bringing aid to displaced persons in Thailand and those affected by natural disasters.
COERR is urgently looking for an experienced personnel to fill the post of Thai Teacher, based in Bangkok
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Teach Thai as a Second Language, primarily to children aged 6-17 years old
- Design, plan, prepare and facilitate active and participatory learning experience to enhance students’ reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills in Thai language and English, equip the students with skills and understanding of basic mathematics and Thai culture necessary for their future studies in Thai schools.
- Promote students’ appropriate behaviors desirable to Thai schools.
- Prepare, conduct, and report assessment of students’ learning progress, aspects of development, class attendance.
- Work with parents to reinforce their supportive roles in education of children.
- Collaborate with education development officer, to help students with special needs, and with education officer to ensure successful Thai school admission of students. Refer cases to relevant specialists when needed.
- Submit student progress and accomplishment reports to Education Services Supervisor.
- B.E. from a recognized university or
- Applied linguistic or language degrees with outstanding grades in language acquisition/language teaching courses with at least 6 months of teaching experience, or
- A degree in any field with at least 2 years of second-language teaching in classes of students from different backgrounds.
- Good command of English.
- Experience and knowledge about child development/psychology and/or sound understanding of Thai formal education system is a plus.
Please send your application letter and CV as well as two References to
Khun Dhiramedhist Lueng-ubon at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 October 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักกิจกรรม / Activist