Social worker – For Freedom
Salary starting at 25.000 THB/MTh (depending on education and experience) with a probation time of 3 months. The salary will be evaluated yearly and is subject to job performance and skill level.
Benefits – 20 days paid vacation, 13 public holidays, social security.
Reports to: FFI Operations Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (i.e., those which are fundamental, necessary, and an integral part of the job, are indicated below.)
- Speaks of For Freedom International, our staff, our partners, participants in our programs, and other organizations with respect and honor across all communication platforms.
- Acts as an advocate for FFI and each individual FFI serves, understanding the problem, raising awareness of the need and how everyone can respond.
- While some behavior and social conduct are acceptable in general culture, activities that contradict Scripture will not be allowed even if accepted by society.
- Agrees and accepts the employee handbook and the hiring process, including accepting the Child Protection Policy and providing a police criminal check.
- Other duties as assigned.
Purpose of Job Assignment:
- Help to achieve the vision of FFI – "Breaking chains of oppression so that people have an opportunity to encounter Jesus Christ, live in freedom, and change the world."
- The role of a social worker is to focus on develop and running a foster care program.
- Set up standards and procedures when it comes to screening and training of foster parents.
- Facilitate and train foster parents, arrange and invite trainers from government agencies and NGOs.
- Coordinate with relevant government agencies and NGO's regarding foster placements and follow-up procedures.
- This person will work to create and develop a curriculum/programming in educating children, teachers, and parents when it comes to safe sex, sexual exploitation, internet safety, foster care, prevention, and restoration programs.
- This role will build partnerships and relationships with Thai schools, social welfare departments, and hospitals.
- Finally, this role will support the Government support department as needed to manage cases, aftercare and follow up of victims, coordination of prevention measures, etc.
- Financial Responsibility
- Work within the FFI Thailand budget
- Maintain and create detailed records of all tasks and programs related to the ministry of FFI.
- Achieve and maintain a social worker license.
- Team Contribution
- Support policy decisions.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Participate in all planning sessions, reporting, performance evaluations, and any other staff-related items.
- Ensure that the safety and security of team members and FFI information, documents, strategies are kept in the strictest of confidence.
- All FFI strategies are considered confidential unless otherwise noted in formal FFI documentation
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Reports to: FFI Operations Director
Direct Reports: TBD
Education and Experience
The minimum level of education acceptable: a degree in social work with a minimum of 2 years experience, preferably in foster care and child aftercare programs.
Skills and Attributes
Specific and General skills and abilities required to meet the expectations of the position.
- A self-starter with a driven personality.
- Enjoys working with women and children
- Strives for performance and excellence in their work and the team's work.
- Team-oriented while being organized, efficient, and focused.
- Patient and works well under stress.
- Positive attitude.
- Strategizing for scalability and growth.
- Thinking and leading on a global level.
- A passion to train and empower children.
- Able to achieve goals in a cross-cultural team.
- Supports and helps teammates.
- Leads by example by being personally well organized and coaching team members to be the same with annual, monthly, and weekly planning tools.
- Professional in all written and spoken communication.
- Strong customer service attitude and work ethic.
- Willingly accepts responsibility.
- Takes initiative.
- Ability to work by themselves yet simultaneously keeping their teammates informed.
- Has to provide and maintain a social worker license
- Has to go through a physical examination
- Has to provide a background check (criminal records)
- Has to provide four different references
Physical Demands, Work Environment & Conduct.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those that a staff member must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Disclosure Statement
The above statements and description are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed within this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and tasks. Other similar or additional duties are to be performed as assigned. You, or FFI, may terminate the position at any time for any reason.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักกิจกรรม / Activist