Organization : IJM Foundation
Type : Nonprofits / องค์กรไม่แสวงหาผลกำไร
Date : 10 Jan 2019
View : 70
Deadline : 31 / March / 2019
Administrative Assistant, Law Enforcement Coordination, Bangkok
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has 17 field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia.
IJM has worked in northern Thailand through IJM’s Chiang Mai field office (FO) since 2000, partnering with government authorities on hill tribe Thai citizenship cases and cases of sexual violence against children. In 2017, IJM started a new field office in Bangkok and in 2018 IJM Foundation was established to provide support to Thai authorities to eliminate labor trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries. IJM Foundation lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals will support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and labor trafficking crimes and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength.
IJM Foundation is seeking a professional Administrative Assistant, Law Enforcement Cooperation to organize, support and enhance Fieldwork team’s performance to gather evidence and rescue victims of labor trafficking. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Director of Law Enforcement Cooperation to provide administrative support and assist the Director and the Fieldwork team in day-to-day operations. The position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand. This position reports to the Bangkok Director of Law Enforcement Cooperation (DLEC).
- Assist the Director of Law Enforcement Coordination in liaison work with Thai law enforcement agencies, government officials, partner NGOs, IJM headquarters, and in field office communication;
- Assist the DLEC in scheduling and managing appointments and events;
- Receive and screen visitors, telephone calls and correspondence directed to the DLEC;
- Draft correspondence, reports, commendations, and memoranda from the DLEC;
- Ensure all reports, correspondence, etc. are communicated to the DLEC in a timely manner;
- Organize and maintain a filing system for Fieldwork team reports, correspondence, memoranda, etc.;
- Assist Fieldwork team members with weekly payment requests and cash reports;
- Provide logistical support for Fieldwork team members and for law enforcement partners during operations;
- Assist the DLEC in coordinating with law enforcement partners for field operative expenses and logistics.
- Research and purchase equipment and office supplies for the Fieldwork team;
- Maintain a regular inventory of office equipment and supplies for the Fieldwork team;
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum one year experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced, professional environment; two to three years’ experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptional written and spoken English and Thai required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Superior ability to manage large number of tasks simultaneously and proven ability to consistently meet deadlines with excellence.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Meticulous attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under deadline pressures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic team.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills; willingness to initiate actions and ideas, with exceptional follow-through.
- Sustained positive attitude.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM Foundation mission.
- Deadline: Application will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Only completed applications will be reviewed. A complete application includes: IJM Foundation Job Application Form, and CV.
- Download Application Form: http://bit.ly/2hyjWZX
- A complete application can be submitted to: BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org
- For further information, please visit our website : https://www.ijm.org/careers/fie
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org
ผู้ช่วย / Assistant