TITLE: PROJECT COORDINATOR – LEAP II PROJECT
LOCATION: Pattani Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year contract with possibility of extension
To assist the Senior Field Coordinator in managing the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of high quality, innovative programmes in the Deep South of Thailand.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Field Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: 1
Direct: LEAP Project Officer
Budget Responsibilities: USD 500,000 per project
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide project management up-date to the Senior Field Coordinator to ensure the timely, efficient and effective delivery of a high quality, child rights-based programme – focused on achieving sustainable changes for children, with a particular focus on the most disadvantaged children.
- Overall accountable for LEAP II project and supervise Project Officer to lead on capacity development with the network and individual CSOs, monitor project activities and manage reporting.
- In conjunction with the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team, conduct and support monitoring of the LEAP II Project.
- Lead in compiling information from partners/sub-grantees and drafting LEAP II Project reports, with support of the Child Protection Manager, and ensure high quality, accurate reports are submitted to the donor on time.
- Manage LEAP II project budget and monitor project expenditure against budgets with the proper financial management of the Project.
- Support compliance to partners/sub-grantees and monitor their progress in line with LEAP II impact.
- With support from Child Protection Manger and Advocacy and Communication manger to support advocacy efforts to promote children’s rights, particularly the advocacy strategy on Child Safe Spaces.
- Act as LEAP II Project representative in meetings, conference or other events in the Deep South
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in relevant qualification in social development, political science. Advance degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills, experience (at least three years), and knowledge in management (preferably in development sector and in relevant thematic area).
- Five years professional working experience, development sector preferred
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently domestically (including to remote areas), and internationally as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3-4 year experiences in a project management with supervisory skill is a plus.
- Ability to analyse information, and documentation and reporting. knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control
- Ability to work well under pressure and Deep South context, experience of delivering training in thematic area.
- Significant experience working and building relationships with government officials and local partners.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including good level of written and spoken English. Having a minimum IELTS band 4.5 or TOEIC score 650 would be a plus.
- An in-depth understanding of the Deep South context
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Topup, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : HR; 02 684 1286 # 608
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistantเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักกิจกรรม / Activistผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager